Pages

Saturday 20 September 2014

Are you ready for another Fall Colour Challenge over at Send a Smile 4 Kids?

Yes it is that time of the year when all the leaves on the trees
 start changing colours and falling on the ground
so it was a perfect opportunity to use
this great digi Jumping in Leaves 
from one of our generous sponsors Jelly Park
 
 
 
I had a bit of fun with this one.
I wanted to use flower soft for the leaves
but found I didn't have enough of the right colours so I had a
'brilliant idea' and thought I would try grating wax crayons.
Put dimensional magic on the leaves
and then added the shavings.
As this was a trial run I didn't colour my image first.
Liked what I saw so started colouring and
then put it through the cuttlebug to cut my frame 
and the shavings got crushed
so repeated the first process to add dimension.
DP is from K&Co, sentiment from Gina K and ribbon
is from SU. Also used Spellbinders Ovals/Scalloped Ovals.
 
 
For my second card I chose
 Fall Fence from our sponsor DRS Designs
 
I used the following items -
Brown & white card stock
2 Designer Papers
Burlap or Hessian as we know it in Australia
Spellbinders Labels Eight
Tom Bow markers
Tim Holtz inks
Leaf stamp from GinaK
A little Liquid Pearls for the corn
Sizzix leaves & Fancy That Leafy Swirls
Ribbon & Sequins
 
***** 
 
Our generous sponsors for this challenge are
Jelly Park - 4 images of winners choice
DRS Designs -  $10 gift certificate
Sassy Studios - 4 images of winners choice
 
 
and of course don't forget to check out the great
cards the other SAS Designers have created.
You won't be disappointed.
 
Thanks for dropping in
Cherrio from
 
 
 



2 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Ina, these cards are fantastic! I LOVE your "shaving crayons to use as leaves" technique! You are so right - absolutely brilliant idea!

Lisa Minckler said...

That's fabulous and fun Ina! I love that you used wax crayons to magnify the depth and bring out texture for leaves. That's such a fun and fresh idea. Your cards are beautiful!! :)