Pages

Saturday 25 April 2015

It's Photo Week at Just Us Girls

 
Our Host for this weeks challenge over at
JUST US GIRLS is MARIA
and she has chosen this gorgeous picture
And here is how it inspired me
 



 
You see I have this gorgeous stamp
Vase of Tulips 1317L from Repeat Impressions
which I just HAD to use.
I have also been playing around again with
shaving cream and getting all inky - just so happens
the colours on one of my pieces fitted in nicely.
I heat embossed the stamp on top of my
background cut it out with a
Spellbinder Oval die and then added
a scalloped border behind it.
I wanted something a little different from
just the normal card so I just folded over
one half of the front. 
Added a piece of coloured card stock
embossed with Tim Holtz embossing folder
then attached my floral bunch of tulips.
To finish it off I cut out the LOVE
from a Kaisercraft die and covered it with
glossy accents and the u is
from a Cuttlebug alphabet set.
On the inside I attached a piece of
matching coloured paper and added some
flourishes and sentiment from
Inspired by Stamping.
***
Hop on over to see how the other Designer's
and our Guest Kathy were inspired.
Hope to see yours Here.
You could be in the running for our
Popular Chic of the Week and
maybe our Guest for June.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 I so love reading your comments.
 
 


6 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful card. I love your colors and that embossed panel on the front. Gorgeous image too - I must put my thinking cap on with this one.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful card -- you rocked the shaving cream technique

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and love the shaving cream background for them.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

What a wonderful design and love the watercolor background! Thanks very much for having me this month!!

Nancy said...

I agree with Vicki, your background is amazing! You sure know what you are doing with the shaving cream technique! Pretty card Ina!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your shaving cream background is beautiful and so perfect stamped with that gorgeous vase of tulips! Love your design with this awesome fold.