Pages

Thursday 11 June 2015

My Favourite Flower is ...

 
For the current challenge over at
We are asked to  make something with your
Favourite Flower and say Why.
 
So I got to make a card with my favourite flower
A THISTLE - and WHY?
I was born in Scotland and the Thistle has always held a
special place for me. I know it is a weed but when that purple
softness comes out I think they are so lovely.
 
Here is a card I made for this challenge.
The thistle is a digital image
and I highlighted the main flower by
colouring in and added glossy accents
which hasn't shown up.
I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder for
the background some ribbon
a few pearls rounded the corner
and sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping.


3 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful - and I'm so partial to all things purple. I didn't know you were born in Scotland, learn something new every day. Love your layout, gorgeous card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

A lovely card and I remember seeing thistles in the pasture a lot especially as a kid when I had to gather the cows in for milking time. The color of that purple was gorgeous. So I love your card a lot.

Sarah said...

This is so striking and one of natures greatest colour combos I think!! Thanks for playing at AYLI and Good Luck!! Sarah :0)