Pages

Monday 2 November 2015

Remembrance Day Thank You

It's getting to the time here in Australia and
other parts of the world to remember those brave soldiers
that have gone to War (past and present) to fight for
Our Country.  

   
It is at this time (and our Anzac Day)
that I think of an old friend who's husband
served in Vietnam and this card is in
remembrance of him.
*** 
Our latest Challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers
is to make a Thank You card.

 
I always like to make a poppy card this time of the year
so this challenge was so timely.
Julie is Hostess for this one.
***
Here are the products I used
for my card above -
Metallic sculptured card stock
Metallic patterned paper in
green and red for the
Poppies cut from Memory Box Die
SU punch on the side
Corner rounder
Pearls
Sentiment from Casual Fridays
embossed in black.
***
I also made another Thanks You card

 
I used -
Basic white card stock
Spellbinders Butterfly using scrap DP
Classic Square/Scallop dies
Cottage Cuts Tag
Stampin' Up stamps -
Because I Care/Beyond Basics
and Edgelits
Gemstones and Cotton.
***
I know my Talented Team Mates have
made some beautiful creations for you to  check out
so pop over to  our blog above - be inspired
and add your card for us to be inspired by your work too.
Thanks for dropping in.
Your comments are truly appreciated.





3 comments:

julie_woolston said...

Such beautiful cards Ina lovely designs.
Hugs Julie xxx

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful card! our Veteran's Day is on November 11th - I had no idea that you in Australia celebrate such an event as well. I love the red against the white - just simply gorgeous!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful cards and a wonderful tribute to the soldiers too!