Pages

Saturday 18 June 2016

What's the COLOUR choice at Just Us Girls?

It is my turn to host over at Just Us Girls
and since Winter has arrived where I live
I thought bright colours were in order -
and for those over the pond - you should be basking in
sunshine & hot weather.
 
I had all intentions NOT to have
flowers on my card BUT since I just
got a new die set from Nina' Things I had to try it out.
I couldn't seem to get  true colours for my card
when I photographed it so
 after some thought I decided to make another card
using one of the other coloured flowers and
again using the same die for the leaves.
 
 
 I cut 2 circles from Spellbinders
and backed it with pink inking with SU stamps and popped.
Added a bit of spritzing and gems.
Sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping.
 
 
I chose to use the pink die cuts here for the flower
continuing with a scrap piece of dp for the side,
pink cording, a small bit of embossing
from Couture Creations, some ribbon and
a MS punch.
I then cut out my leaves from a Kaisercraft die
attached my popped flower which was cut several times
adding a pearl to the centre.
Sentiment is from Paper Smooches -
 I just loved that font when I saw it
and had to have it.
I corner rounded one side.
 
Hope you pop over to our blog and see what
Cornelia (Our June Guest) and my Team Mates
have created. They all have that WOW! factor.
I am sure you will love playing with these
 bright colours. You could be chosen as our
Chic of the Week.
 
Thanks for dropping in
 


13 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Both cards are equally gorgeous! That scroll-y flower die is beautiful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely CASE!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, so beautiful! I am always glad to see flowers so I think you did great!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Thanks Ina for choosing those wonderful colors - just my thing!!!! Love your elaborate flower and all those delicious splatters! Thanks for having me as guestie!

Cheri said...

I LOVE your card, SS, and those colors are stunning together.

Nancy said...

Love both of these cards Ina! That flower is so delicate and almost looks like lace. Love the splats on the first one a lot! Have a great day!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Both are beautiful, Ina. Great use of the challenge colors.

Bobby said...

Most of us only get one card made but you did two, Ina, and they are both great. That lacy flower die is beautiful.

Judy Woodland said...

Both cards are gorgeous!!! I LOVE that die, very different and interesting. Love the challenge colors to, and they ARE a challenge. Beautiful creations, my dear, even if there is no purple.

Maria said...

What great cards! I love your flowers and what fun choice for our colors this week! Nicely done!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

These are both awesome cards! I love those flowers, so lacy and pretty. Perfect splatter effect on that first one. Great choice for our color challenge!

Colleen said...

Thank you for selecting those awesome colors! Your card is so bright and so cheery (both of them). And thank you for your very sweet and kind comments on my card!!

Lisa Kind said...

Both cards are beautiful Ina, and your color choice this week is fabulous!