Pages

Saturday 27 August 2016

'Inspiration a Plenty' at Just Us Girls

We have this amazing photo below
chosen by Judy who is
Hostess for our Photo Week.
 
You just have to see the 'Bigger Picture'
 
 
When we all saw this we were in awe of how
beautiful it was - and then you look
at it and just wonder what you are going to pick up on
to create your project! The mind boggles!
 
 
That array of beautiful colours sold me so I went with
'trying' to capture some of that - and then there are
'those feathers' - yes Judy I just HAD TO use them.
 
There are so many elements used here I would bore you
with them all.
Being a bit of mixed media I used
gesso gelatos stencils paints
and some inka gold.
My feathers are from Stampin' Up
adding a few sequins, button. trim
and touches of liquid pearls.
Sentiment is Paper Smooches.
 
Now I know you will be anxious to pop over to
Our Blog to see what caught the eye of our
August Guest - Colleen and the Team.
I've said it before but - I know you won't be disappointed.
 
Hope we have inspired you to created and join us
and you could be our Chic of the Week and
be included in a chance to be our
Guest in October.
 
Thanks for dropping in.
 
 
 


11 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is such a gorgeous take on the inspiration photo.

Cheryl Wright said...

Totally stunning card, Ina! I love what you've done here.

I am inspired by the photo too, and am in the process of creating my entry.

Nancy said...

Well, you sure made this look easy! Stunning card! You captured the colors so well!

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous background and take on the challenge. The bits of glamour on the feathers is perfect for the overall feel of the card.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Fabulous background...great backdrop for those pretty feathers! Lovely card.

Colleen said...

Ina, you captured the colors beautifully! You are so right about so much in the picture to pull from, easy to go many directions...for me at first it was overwhelming, then I tried to focus on the smaller pieces of the picture. Your feathers are amazing! Thank you for the warm welcome and allowing me to join your lineup this month of August! It has been a joy and delight to play alongside you!! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Chris Dring said...

WOW Ina, you nailed those colors! Your background is gorgeous, as is the feathers! What an amazing mixed media masterpiece!

Bobby said...

I would not be bored to know the details, Ina. This is so fabulous and I'd love to know how you accomplished it. I love this kind of finish on anything, wood, metal, and yes, even paper. I love it!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That background is absolutely gorgeous! I love the blending of the colors and those beautiful feathers!

Judy Woodland said...

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about, the feathers are perfect!!! Oh, I am so in love with those feathers....I'm still working on getting my hands on that set from eBay. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card. It's so artsy, and a wonderful take on the photo. Well done!!!

Patti said...

OMGoodness!! stunning take on the inspiration photo.

Patti