Pages

Saturday 7 January 2017

It's all about the 'NEW'

 
'HAPPY NEW YEAR' My crafty friends.
Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas/New Year break
and ready to get creative once more.
***
 I am Hosting the first Challenge for 2017 over at
Just Us Girls and it is our 'Word Week'
For this I chose 'NEW'  which can mean so many different things!
New beginnings, new house, new baby,
 new craft products (I am sure we all have them)
or go with a new technique. Your choice!
I went with the 'new products' I received recently.
***
A Big Welcome to our first Guest for 2017
Shawna Standish from The Grand Stampede
 
 
My card is fairly cas choosing a 'recently new'
stencil and sentiment stamps.
The stencil is ARTplorations Happy Flowers
and sentiments STAMPlorations Floral Bliss
Card base is Tangarine cs
My focal point has been cut with a stitched die
from white cs. I inked my stencil image with
Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn and
SU Calypso Coral and touches of Iridescent Medium.
I sponged the background of the flowers with
a wet baby wipe dipped in left over Calypso Coral.
Finished with some pearls to match.
 


Check out what 'New' inspiration
we created for you Here and then
pop your 'new' project in. You could be our Chic of the Week
and in the running for Guest Designer in March.

Thanks for dropping by







10 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Ina, this is beautiful and you chose the perfect word to start out the year! Those flowers look fantastic, I really thought it was a stamp when I first saw it. The sponging of the additional ink finishes this perfectly.

Bobby said...

Your sentiment describes your card perfectly, Ina. Stunning. What a great look from a stencil with plenty of shading and background shadows.

Chris Dring said...

Oooooh! Ina, This is gorgeous! Love the tangerine color, that stencil and how you added the extra splats of ink around the flowers really gives this a great finishing touch!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous. What a great stencil design and I love how you have used it.

Nancy said...

Yes, it's Stunning for sure! Loved reading how this card came to be! You are a true artist Ina...as you are always trying new techniques!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh boy, is this card gorgeous. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bright colors and the clean and simple look. Your stenciling is outstanding - well done!!

Helen Gullett said...

Ina, this is so beautiful and love the sentiment a lot!

Lisa Kind said...

Ooh, stencil! I thought it was a stamp! This is so pretty! Lovely colors!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This turned out fabulous!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how pretty...love the look.
xx Karen