Pages

Tuesday 26 September 2017

Case-ing Therese Calvird

I had the pleasure of meeting the 
Outstandingly Creative Therese Calvird a few months ago
and just love her work and videos. They are always 
amazing and Therese is so easy to listen to
 and watch on YouTube.
I decided that I would case one of her cards as I have had the
Altenew Peony Stamp set for an age but have resisted inking it
up until now that I have bought the dies to go with it. 
You can find her beautiful card Here.
You will see I have case-ed it closely changing just a few things.
***
This card was made for my BFF Carole and without her
I would maybe never have gone down the path I
am now glued to. Carole celebrates her birthday
a few days before mine and each year we spend
hours creating something special for each other.
So here are the products I used - 
Altenew Peony Bouquet Stamp/Die
(for my NBUS)
Altenew Red Cosmos
Memento New Sprout/Pistachio 
We R Memory Keepers Embossing Folder
Bazzill Card Stock (birthday present from Carole)
Sentiment is from STAMPlorations Fond Expression 2
(perfect for my special friend)
cut from MFT stitched die
Gems are SU
WOS on the centre flower. 
(See close up above)

Darnell has her 10 day NBUS Challenge 
up and running with amazing products
for the Lucky Ones to Win.
All the awesome schtuff is Here
I am dropping this card over there!


Thanks so much for popping in.
Till next time Cherrio from



12 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is stunning Ina! Love the coloring of the peonies and the embossing folder is awesome!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is stunning Ina! Love your coloring of the peonies and that embossing folder is awesome!

Bobby said...

Lucky you to be able to meet, Therese, Ina. I love what she does and her voice reminds me of my ex-sister-in-law who is Australian. You have CASEd her card perfectly and it is gorgeous.

Cheri said...

Oh, SS....this is STUNNING! I watch Therese's posts too...I'm a huge fan of her designs and techniques. How lucky you were to have met her. Carole is going to adore this card!

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a beautiful card Ina and your friend is sure to love it. You've built the layers so well and the flower has such great dimension. I too have this flower stamp set minus the dies and it has yet to see ink!!!
Hugs
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Ina, this is so very gorgeous. I love that embossing folder too besides the pretty flowers.

Kathy Krug said...

Ina this is so beautiful. Your friend will love it.

Mac Mable said...

The textural background sets off your very pretty flower beautifully x

lostinpaper said...

Thank you so much Ina, it was such a pleasure to meet you and am so happy that you were inspired! The depth of the texture that those 3D folders give always astounds me, but it's your perfectly stamped flowers that really take the show!

Karen Letchworth said...

What a super pretty card, Ina. I love the sweet shades of pink, and really want to thank you for sharing this sweet card in the NBUS Challenge. Hope you're having a great week!
Blessings,
karen Letchworth

P.S. I'd love to have you stop by and play along with us at Word Art Wednesday, too. LOTS of great prizes and loads of fun. I hope you will join us there as well. It's another great place to share your NBUS. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Darnell said...

You did a brilliant CASE of the uber-talented Therese, Ina! Your flowers are gorgeous and I am in love with that pink textured background. I have that e/f, but never thought to try it with colored card ... now I can't wait to do it!! Thank you so much for playing in NBUS Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

Cheryl Wright said...

This is stunning, Ina! I know the recipient will love it!!