Pages

Saturday 16 September 2017

Simply a 'Thistle'

It's Colour Week at Just Us Girls and choosing
those 3 Colours as Host is Maria.
(Neutrals are welcome)


I had recently added a few more colours to my
Brusho stash and they came in extremely handy
for this weeks card. 
I used Yellow and Orange for my background
and since I only needed a small piece I
experimented with 2 different inks.
For my first card I used SU Rich Razzleberry
for my Lavinia Thistle. Everyone knows that is
my Favourite Flower (not a weed to me)
I inked up a script stamp and added it to the
background for effect. Finished with some
scoring and variegated cotton with a bow.
 I heat embossed the image above and found it
wasn't as dark as the stamped one. 
I made this while I had a friend visiting and she said
it would make a nice bookmark so that is just what I did.
I picked out the sentiment especially for her
which is from STAMPlorations and was heat embossed also.
Did a bit of distressing on the edges and 
added some yellow cotton to the top.

Aren't they just a gorgeous combination!
I loved playing with this one and hope you will
pop over to Our Blog to see what 
our September Guest Linda and the Team created
to inspire you to enter this week's Challenge.
You could be chosen as our Chic of the Week!

# Popping this over to the 

Details for their reminder  Here

Thanks for dropping in


24 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Just let me pick my jaw up off the ground Ina, amazing my friend!

Helen said...

WoW!!!!! So special!!!! I just love this card and bookmark. I'm with you and think the stamped image is the brightest. These make me want to get out my Brusho podwers right now!

Bobby said...

That thistle image is wonderful, Ina, and your background is perfect for it and the challenge. Yay to Brushos!

Cheri said...

Absolutely stunning and gorgeous, SS. I can't take my eyes from this beauty. Love, love, love it!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is fantastic. A thistle never looked so good!

Kathy Krug said...

Love the deep colors in the background and how the thistle pops of of it. leaving the card whit allows the stamped panel to pop even more.

Macimbalo said...

I love this - it's so gorgeous - the layout and all the details work perfectly together. Sooooo pretty!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that thistle against that gorgeous background! Your card and bookmark are both stunning!

Mac Mable said...

Those brusho's are so vibrant and unique. The background is glorious and of course set off perfectly with the thistle....one of my favourite 'flowers' too x Fun bookmark with a beautiful sentiment x

Shona Erlenborn said...

These are gorgeous projects Ina! Of course the thistle one is my favorite too, but the colors on both projects are amazing!

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous watercolour background and love the scoring to fame your thistle. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh wow, you have really nailed that color challenge!!! I, too, love the thistle, and every time you make a card with this stamp I am blown away. Great idea to do the scoring as a decorative element too. I'm pinning, once again!

Bonnie said...

This just pops in the gallery, Ina! I love this bright and cheerful Brusho background and the pretty thistle silhouette! I like thistles too and recently spotted some by the side of the road. They were so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Maria said...

So amazing! Love that panel of wonderful color goodness! Looks amazing.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful card for our CAS Watercolour silhouette challenge, Ina. Love your tag too. The color combo is so beautiful and wonderful for Fall. TFS Hugs..

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Amazing

Loll said...

Those colours look amazing together. Especially love the brightness of your card. The rich razzleberry really pops off the bright yellow and orange brushos. Your bookmark is beautiful as well, and your friend will love it. Thanks for entering your card into CAS Watercolour challenge!

Nancy said...

Do you ever get stumped Ina? It doesn't appear to me that you ever do! This is beautiful! Thanks so much for your kindness these past few weeks! It feels nice to get back to normalcy!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Wow !! These are amazing colors !

Tammy said...

Stunning creations Ina! I love the yellow and orange background colors and the burgundy stamped thistle is beautiful! Awesome creations with the Brusho's!
Hugs, Tammy

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this...so vibrant and gorgeous..
xx Karen

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on the win over at CAS Watercolour with your stunning card x

Macimbalo said...

Congrats on the CAS WC win! So well deserved - I absolutely LOVE this card - it's STUNNING!!!!

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the win at CAS Watercolour, Ina! Very well-deserved!! I love the bookmark, too!! Hugs, Darnell