Pages

Saturday 21 October 2017

'Love' Always

It's Colour Week at Just Us Girls and hosting is Vicki
choosing these colours
They 'scream' Halloween to me but I chose a different path
as I am not a Halloween sort of person.
I think this flower from SU Bloom with Hope
makes for a lovely card. I remembered I had some
Twinkling H2 O's in my stash so I decided to
heat emboss the flower and go from there.
I fussy cut that out and then went on to 
create the background.
This was achieved using SU Timeless Textures
with TH Black Soot & Mowed Lawn.
The green leaves are from Marianne Designs
and a MS punch.
I finished my flower with some Diamond Dust
in the centre.
and cut my sentiment from STAMPlorations Pocket Blooms
with a MFT Stitched die.
Pop over to Our Blog to see what our
October Guest Karola
and the Team created using these fabulous colours.
You are never disappointed!
Hope to see you there. 
Thanks for dropping by



15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Love how you've used the colours for a non Halloween theme, I'm not a Halloween person either. The bloom is magnificent and really pops off the card. Loving the background too Ina, slightly grungy, great mix of texture stamps and yet it doesn't over power that fabulous flower. Loving this one x

Linda said...

Halloween leaves me cold too Ina so I love the direction you've gone with this. Gorgeous floral details.

Cheri said...

How gorgeous, SS! I too love taking someting expected and creating something unexpected with it. In this case the color scheme. Beatifully created.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a much better use of that color scheme. Halloween is getting old to me and this is so refreshing to see.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great direction of the color usage - I'm not into Halloween either actually :)

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Ina, this is stunning! I love the use of the Twinkling H2Os on the flower. I love the depth you achieved with your watercoloring.

Bonnie said...

I love how you've used these colors, Ina! A beautiful purple bloom!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the purple flower and the great background.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous job with the colors! Sensational card!

lostinpaper said...

Oh my, look at the depth of that gorgeous flower, your colour is so vivid Ina, I adore it!

Bobby said...

Great way to use the colors in a non-Halloween way, Ina. Your purple flower is gorgeous.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love your take on the color theme Ina! This is a truly gorgeous make. The trellis background is super!

Judy Woodland said...

PINNED once again. I think you have more cards in my gallery than anyone else. This is simply stunning with that gorgeous deep purple color. And then the background with just a faint texture going on. So, so pretty, and great take on those challenge colors.

Macimbalo said...

Gorgeous use of the colors! Absolutely love this!!!

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous card Ina, lovely flower and design!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads