Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2018

'Holly' Christmas - my first for the year!

Hi there Crafty Friends!
A lot of you will know that there is a new
Christmas Challenge in Blogland
created by 2 Very Talented Crafters
Bonnie Klass & Loll Thompson.
They have picked an Amazing & Talented Design Team
so it is sure to be a favourite go to Blog. 
After all we go to their other 2 sites
CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour don't we?
The Details for the Holly Christmas are Here
***
I finally got time to play with only a few days left to 
showcase in their Gallery.
Here is my CAS Holly Card. My first Christmas card of the Year.
I have used all metallic card stock here - a soft green
and a lighter one with texture.
I cut a SB circle for my metallic green
holly leaves (Tim Holtz Holiday Greens) 
This was popped in front of another SB die.
Behind that is embossed with an old Christmas CB folder
which I corner rounded.
Added my pearl berries in Red and Chino
because not all berries ripen at the same time.
Here is a close up to show you the green shimmer 
on the paper.
This is the same paper as my card base.
I then finished it off with the
Merry Christmas die from the same paper
as the holly and added a tiny red bow.

I am also going to pop this over to
Anything Goes with Christmas with the
Optional Twist of No Patterned Paper.

That's it for now - till next time
Cherrio from











13 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Ina, I love the crispness of the red and green of the holly against the embossed white, thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Helen said...

Wow!!! This card is just gorgeous, Ina! It is so crisp and clean. I love white on white with a pop of bright colour! A great start to your Chrissy stash!

Cheri said...

Absolutely stunning, SS! Your embossed bg and that holly are a perfect combo and your CAS design is flawless.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful! I would say the first card you have made this year is a real winner. I love the holly design on it.

Shona Erlenborn said...

A gorgeous make Ina! Love the simple, clean lines - though elaborate at the same time! Just beautiful.

Bobby said...

Great texture and shine on this beauty, Ina.

Nance said...

Wow, so beautiful! I love the embossed background and the holly on the circle dies reminds me of an embroidery circle. Thanks for playing with us at CAS Christmas!

Loll said...

So pretty Ina! I love the texture from the dry embossed background. The design looks perfect with the scalloped frame and circle panel on top. So happy you showed a close-up so I could see the beautiful shimmer for the pale green base and darker green holly sprig. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful CAS Christmas card. The embossing gives your gorgeous card extra dimension and yet keeping the focus on that ever so pretty holly and berries. Love the die sentiment in the green and the two colours of berries x

lostinpaper said...

Loving the white on white with a pop of colour, it's such an elegant design Ina!

Suze said...

Beautiful contrast of the white on white embossed background with the pop of colour. Thank you for joining in the No Patterned Paper Challenge at CHNC.

Bonnie said...

What beautiful holly, Ina! The rich green leaves are so pretty and I love that you added red and gold berries! The embossed background is gorgeous too! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card...congrats on your first card, I am so sick of winter I just can't get into it!
xx Karen