Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2018

The CUTplorations Gals are 'Back'

Hello and a Big Welcome!
Our hiatus  over at STAMPlorations is over
and it is the CUTplorations Gals turn to inspire you
to join us for our Brand New Challenge Here
Now I know it's Pumpkin Time over the Pond
so what better way to celebrate than by making a card
for our October Challenge. 
It doesn't have to be a pumpkin -  you can interpret
the photo any way you choose.

I chose the 
to showcase, playing around with a technique
 I had never tried before until recently.
I started my background by randomly inking up stamps from
STAMPlorations Mixed-Media-Grunge
with  Tim's Distress Inks in Gathered Twigs
Crushed Olive/Carved Pumpkin
and Fossilized Amber.
I then started on my pumpkin with colours above
 and die cutting.
I then added lots of layers of clear embossing powder
heat setting after each application. I quickly
put it in my freezer hoping I would be successful
in getting it to crack. And it worked!


I inked the CUTplorations Thankful-Word-Die
and did the same to that but not quite as pronounced.
Cut out my background with the
CUTplorations Crazy-Double-Running-Stitch-Rectangle-Nesting-Dies
and adhered some inked up dry wall tape for interest.
Popped my pumpkin and attached the sentiment
to basic white card base. 

ohsogratefulstampsdieMixedMediaElements-preview.jpegpreview-CrazyDoubleRunningStitches-Rectanglepreview-thankful-worddie

Hope you will pop over to our Blog
and check out what my Team Mates created
for your pleasure and would love to see
you in our Gallery this month.

A Little Reminder - 
  • Players can link up as many projects as they want (1 project per blog post)
  • Players must use at least 1 STAMPlorations product (stamp, stencil, die, or coloring page, or digi stamp)
  • To qualify for the prize, players must display challenge graphic and link back to the challenge post (blogs only)
  • Prizes: $15 GC for the winner (voted by the team); $5 GC to three (3) randomly picked players
Thanks for dropping in.
Love reading your comments.


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Ina, what a beautiful card that says fall is here! I love all the detail in your card!!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the colours and fabulous background.xxx

Julie B said...

What an interesting way to create the crackalure effect, not heard of that before. After this I may have to! :)

Mac Mable said...

Yey to the cracking and doesn't it look fabulous x. Glorious colours and glorious use of the stamps. Great layout and one fabulous card. Great to have the challenge properly back x

Shery Russ said...

Super card, Ina! Love the crackle effect you achieved!

Helen said...

Great crackle effects on your pumpkin, Ina! Well done! Wonderful added interest.

Verna Angerhofer said...

A super awesome Fall card design. The colors and layout are wonderful. I love it.

Loll said...

Gorgeous mixed media stamped background, Ina. You pumpkin is gorgeous ... love the cracking! xx

Bobby said...

What an absolutely fabulous mixed media card, Ina. That drywall tape is ingenious and crackling the pumpkin is so unique. I better put this on my Pinterest techniques board so I can remember to try them.

Gail said...

This is surely a lovely Fall Creation - TFS

Cheri said...

I love the cracked glass technique and it looks fabulous on this card, SS. Beautiful.

Karen Dunbrook said...

I love this....wonderfully done card. The collage bkg is fab!!
The crackle on the pumpkin is wonderfully done...glad it worked out.
x Karen

maria f. said...

Love your collage, Ina. Nice and grungy. And that crackle on the pumpkin is fabulous!