Pages

Sunday 17 February 2019

It's XOXO

It's been quite some time since I managed to play over at the
January flew by and now February is half way gone too.
So glad I got time to create a little something
suitable for both challenges. Yay!


My hearts have been die cut from
CUTplorations Clustered Hearts.
The base is white card stock and
the pink hearts are inked with
Nuvo Cherry Bomb Shimmer Powder
added to wet acetate then smooched
onto water colour paper.
The red hearts I added gel medium
to the die cuts and added a generous amount of
Nuvo Hollywood Red Sparkle Dust.
I even managed to get a bit of texture to the big one.
which has been cut several times with white card stock
 for dimension then attaching the red sparkly one.
I cut my pink background with a stitched die
popped to my card base which was inked randomly with
tiny hearts from SU Beyond the Basics.
 I then attached my cut out hearts.
The XOXO is from STAMPlorations Pocket Blooms
inked with Tim's Festive Berries
and adding sparkle with a Nuvo Glitter pen.
A tiny pearl to the smallest pink heart finished my card.

A close up showing the dimension.

My Mix is Dimensional Die Cuts, Glitter,
Watercolouring, Stamping.



Thanks for popping in and leaving
your kind comments.









19 comments:

Carol L said...

Fabulous creation!! I love those gorgeous heart details with the water coloring!

nancy littrell said...

When I enlarged your gorgeous heart textured card, I could really see all the glimmer from the powdered ink and the glitter too. So many beautiful mixed media products on your pretty card, Ina. Our cards sure turned out differently using the same die cut hearts:-)
TFS Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

So pretty Ina! Love the smooshed pink background and hearts and the red glitter hearts. Gorgeous design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up! xx

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE the texture, and that background is so gorgeous. Those hearts really pop off the page with the dimension you have given them. I really, REALLY like this card!!!

Bobby said...

I'm glad you showed the close-up, Ina. Those hearts look like frosted cookies. Your design is yummy.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful! I love the heart die you used and how you changed up the colors which look gorgeous against that background.

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous Valentine card, Ina! I love the smooched background that flows beautifully across the panel! That dimension is fantastic and I love the added texture of the glitter!

Mac Mable said...

What fabulous dimension and the colours are so pretty. Love how you did the die cut hearts and the background is fabulous too x. Wonderful card for the CAS Mix Up Challenge Ina x

lostinpaper said...

Yes, I hear you I can't believe that it's almost the end of Feb.... isn't life fun! So glad you found time to create this card, it's wonderful Ina, those hearts are perfect!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...what an AWESOME card Ina!! I love red and pink together and I feel like you've showcased them beautifully together!! Your background is just lovely and the sparkle and shine on those hearts is incredible! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

Jo said...

This card just pours with dimensional love. Love the contrasting tones and the white framed hearts give them all the centre stage necessary. A beauty!
Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up1 xx

Bonnie said...

Love this background and the pink and red hearts, Ina! Wonderful sparkle and dimension! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

Helen said...

So pretty Ina! I love all the different textures you've used!

Tammy said...

Oh this is gorgeous Ina! I love all of the textures and sparkle, the hearts look amazing!
Hugs, Tammy

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet card, love the sparkle.
x Karen

Karen Dunbrook said...

...and I forgot to say...
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
:) Karen

*Vicki* said...

This is hands down one of my fave dies from STAMPlorations!! LOVE the texture on the inside of your design and the watercolor background is amazing!! HUGS

Darnell said...

You achieved such fantastic smooching results with your acetate color, Ina! I just love the background and the closeup of your hearts is nothing short of delicious! Now I want to make and frost and glitter sugar cookies!! Hugs, Darnell CAS WCCC GD

Cheri said...

You just keep creating gorgeousness in every project, SS. I'm in love with this card and all the texture and techniques you've achieved here.