Pages

Monday 13 May 2019

A Blossoming Flower

It's been some time since I have played over at the
CAS Mix Up Card Challenge but this month's technique
has been on my 'To Try List' for a long time
so there was no excuse for me to NOT try it out. 



My Mix is Baby Wipe Technique, Stamping
Die Cutting and Embossing

I used Ramblin' Rose Pink Magicals
on my first baby wipe, wetting it to
activate the crystals and then wiping it on to
card stock several times to get the bright shimmery effect.
The leaves are soaked up with
Tim's Carved Pumpkin
SU Mossy Meadow and Yo Yo Yellow reinkers.
These were die cut from SU Botanical Blooms.
I love this stamp/die set as it is so versatile.
Behind the leaves I inked a few twigs with 
Tea Die Distress Ink as is the lovely sentiment from
You will see faint embossing to the white card.
I only embossed with one half of the folder
to take away the starkness.
I inked the leaf edges with Nuvo Gold Glitter
which is very hard to see.
Added some tiny beads to the centre of my flower
to finish my card that I adhered to kraft card base.
I had a lot of fun with this technique and 
have made another card using one of the
inked baby wipe colours. I will show that another day.

Thanks for dropping in
Love reading your kind comments.


12 comments:

Carol L said...

The depth of color looks amazing, and I love the layered flower and delicate stamped stems beneath. Simply beautiful!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the warm colors you chose Ina! I've not done the baby wipe technique in ages either - thanks for the reminder. The half embossing with the folder was also a great idea. Beautiful work.

Judy Woodland said...

How gorgeous!!! You have used one of my favorite die sets, I need to break it out again. LOVE the color, it really pops against the white. This card is simply FABULOUS!!!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Ina, your flower is gorgeous!! Love the popped out dimension and how cool to try out the technique! That's why I enjoy the challenges...they challenge me! :) Thanks for sharing this stunning design! HUGS

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous Ina. I love the flower design you made for the card.

Mac Mable said...

What a wonderful and vibrant effect with those baby wipes, magicals and reinkers . Glorious colours and such a striking card. Love the pop of gold on the edges of the leaves and the dry embossing too x. Thank you for joining in The CAS Mix up Challenge with this beautiful card Ina x.

Bonnie said...

I hadn't thought to use Magicals with my baby wipes, Ina! Thanks for that wonderful idea! Love the flower and how you've edged the leaves with gold and the partial embossed background! An amazing card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Ina! Your flower is so beautiful and elegant. What a great idea to use a baby wipe to add magicals. I have to give that a try!! Your card is amazing with the flower, leaves and branches. The soft and subtle dry embossing adds lovely texture to the background. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

lostinpaper said...

Oh this is absolutely beautiful Ina, you already know just how much I adore flowers.... and this is a stunning card design!

Helen said...

Gorgeous, Ina! Those flowers just 'pop' off the card front!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Ina, I love that die too and you've created a gorgeous design with it, Cathy x

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Ina! I LOve all the details you worked on - not to mention the wonderful shimmery flower and the colors of the leaves. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko x