Pages

Friday 7 June 2019

For Your 'LOVE'

It's time to show off what I made for this month's Challenge 
where we can create Anything Mixed Media
using multiple mediums.
Here is my project for this month.


I started by sealing my project with a coat of gesso then
adding some stenciling with texture paste.
and working on what elements to add.
Adding jute, cogs, keys, dry wall tape, a few other bits and bobs
and my heart cutout was covered with
plasterer's fibafuse  for texture.
Covered it all with white gesso.
Now to add texture to my heart.
I found an interesting article on YouTube where 
you add your elements (my heart) then cover it with 
scrunched foil, using a stylus to bring those shapes
to the surface. 
I started adding colours to my canvas
and you can see the result from the stylus here on the heart.
Love the smell from the Art Alchemy Waxes.
Some splatters - covering the heart.
then added some cabachons that were painted from the back
and several layered 'love' die cuts heat embossed several times.

And now my project is done!

Pop over Here to see what my Team Mates created this month.
Thanks for dropping in - love your comments.
Hope you get the chance to  add a project in our Gallery soon.










15 comments:

Helen said...

Wow! You've added so many interesting elements on this amazing mixed media project!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow! Well that is definitely mixed media, Ina! Love all the embellishments and the colors are amazing!

Judy Woodland said...

So, so beautiful!!! I really admire your ability to do multi-media. I have't got a CLUE how to start. I just can't see it in my head. This is frame worthy, my friend. I love everything about it!!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness Ina!! Your canvas looks incredible!! You've used some very yummy products on this and I love the way it's turned out!! Fabulous!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! What a great mixed media card. You added so many awesome things to it. I can see you put lots of time and effort into making it too.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a beautiful make! The layers of texture that you created is amazing - I love it 😁. Thanks so much for having me as a Guest Design Team member this month! Wishing you a Happy weekend! Jo x

Lys said...

An awesome project! So full of creativity!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous mix of texture, paints and stencilling Ina. Glorious Mixed Media project, full of wonderful elements and it sure looks like you had fun x

Andree said...

A wonderful project Ina. Fabulous depth, great textures and gorgeous colours xx

Scrappin Sue said...

Fantastic so much texture and detail I love it I could look at it for ages xxxx

Judy McKay said...

Ina your project is so interesting. Lots and lots of wonderful details. Have a creative month. Judy

Cathy F said...

You went all out for this project, girl! Amazing textures and details!

Tammy said...

WOW Ina, this is stunning!! Awesome textures and colors, I love all of the different elements you used, a work of art for sure!
Hugs, Tammy

Suzette Hussey said...

Great project Ina. I love the texture and the steampunk elements.

Carol said...

Lovely yummy layers and textures fab project xx