Pages

Monday 29 July 2019

My Mixed Media Project for Random Arts

Hello and Welcome. It's my turn to showcase my take on this Mood Board


It's a monthly challenge and
All the details can be found Here

I started my 5/7 canvas by attaching scrunched tissue paper
adhering it with Ultra Matt Gel


I brushed over that with Prima Parisian Rosewood
(big mistake) but was too severe
 so covered it with
the Little Birdie Craggy Stencil (out of stock), 
Transparent Gloss Texture Paste and
Waiting for the crackle to take effect
Once that cracked I added some 
 and also on to the
and circle frame.
I then tore a piece of coloured corrugated cardboard 
and added the Vintage Gold Wax including the edges.
Added some lace with ribbon threaded through it
and continued with waxing the leaves and flowers 
ready for placement.
Adding some finishing touches with  a pearl for the centre flower,
waxing the middle one and some Nuvo Drops for the small one.
Waxed in gold and black with 3 black pearls.
Here's a few close ups - 



And another of the finished canvas.


The products I have used from Random Arts are linked
in my tutorial. Do drop in to see the amazing products
available. Great prices and super fast postage.
If there is something in particular you are in NEED of
don't hesitate to get in contact with Amanda and
she will try her best to source it for you.

Thanks for dropping in. Hope you have enjoyed
looking at my canvas. 
I will be back again next month at the
 Random Arts Blog working with an 'Awesome Mood Board'
that I can't wait to get my hands into. 

Till next time...






8 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What fabulous texture and such a stunning mixed media canvas. I so enjoyed reading your creative process Ina and what a great save with the background....loving the crackle effect. Love all the finishing touches and thank you so much for the fabulous inspiration x.

aussie aNNie said...

oH so pretty love the scrunched up tissue paper and that crackle effect. Corrugated cardboard always seems to make a project real pop..

lostinpaper said...

Rocked it Ina!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design and I love all the texture on it. You really did a fabulous job in this one.

*Vicki* said...

Oh my what a gorgeous master piece here Ina! I love that you've added the steps for your background too! Absolutely LOVE it!! The texture looks amazing on it with the crackle! Glad to see your blog again and be able to just sit and enjoy!! HUGS

Chris Dring said...

Ina, this canvas is soooooo pretty! I would have never thought to use crackle paste over scrunched up tissue paper. What a great idea! This is fabulous!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful work of art that must have taken you ages to put together! I love how all the vintage elements work so perfectly together! Simply gorgeous!

Helen said...

You're certainly a wizz with mixed media, Ina! Great work!