Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2019

Mixed Media Magical's Make

Hello and Welcome. Today's post is to show you
my finished Mixed Media project I played with recently.


Over at Random Arts they have this divine Mood Board

Picture

and being a 'purple person' had to use this as my inspiration.
I am building my supply of Lindy's Sprays and 
I got them out to use some for the first time
to experiment. As I had nothing special in mind
besides using the colours of the mood board
I just went with what came to mind.
I gesso'd my 5x7 canvas and started building layers with
Dry Wall Tape, Punchinella, Little Birdie Stenciling 
using Dreamweaver Crackle Paste
 and a few things from my stash.
Then the fun began with the colours.
Adhered some cheesecloth to the back of my
Little Birdie Flowers that I have waxed  for effect.
Some Art Stones and Distress glitter made for more layers.
Randomly added some stamping from Art Alchemy
and finished with a few cabachons and some white splatters.

I am linking this up to the current challenges at
using from the store Here
Lindy's Sprays
Dreamweaver Crackle Paste Distress Paste
Distress Glitter Art Stones
Little Birdie Flowers and Stencil
Art Alchemy Waxes
and Bleeding Art for their

Thanks for dropping in.
Love reading your thoughts.




9 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous to start with just the wonderful colours and then to see where it led you...Stunning mixed media canvas, full of vibrancy, dimension and texture. Hope you are loving those magicals Ina? x. Stunning mood board too x.

Judy Woodland said...

You never cease to amaze me with your mixed media projects, my friend. This is no exception. I love the colors and all the extra touches that make your creations YOU!!! Just beautiful, as always.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! Gorgeous card and knowing how much you love purple I can imagine you really enjoyed doing this design.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow Ina - you nailed that mood board for sure! I just don't know how you do this, just adding a little bit of this, then that! Next thing you know there is a masterpiece in front of you. I'd love to be able to play in your craft room with you! Amazing project!

Carol L said...

This is simply stunning with such amazing color and design! Absolutely LOVE how you created this beauty!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous...wonderful textures and rich colours!
x Karen

Tammy said...

WOW this is stunning Ina! I love all of the purple and fabulous textures!
Hugs, Tammy

Words and Pictures said...

That's gorgeous. I love the rich jewel colours, and that fabulously textured background makes a great setting for your dimensional flower vase.
Alison x

Unknown said...

This is a beauty!! I love the color palette and the use of textures. Thank you so much for joining us at Bleeding Art Challenge this month! Jess-Bleeding Art DT