Pages

Wednesday 26 February 2020

'Hello' London Calling

It's our Holiday Challenge over at
 Addicted to Stamps and More and once again
I have gone for taking 'A Holiday' or as some say 'A Vacation'


One of my favourite 'old' SU stamp set is Feeling Sentimental
and this works out perfectly for my card as I do love
a red phone box - so British!


I found some fabulous DP for my background
from Carta Bella Old World Travel.
Cut to size, distressing and inking the edges.
I stamped my red phone box onto kraft paper 
and sponged inside while still in the stitched die.
It needed some more colour so I added
a Kaisercraft Texture Die in red
There was a perfect spot at the bottom to add
my Hello and hand written from London.
Attached to brown card base and I am done.

Pop over and see what my Team Mates created
and come join in our Gallery this week.
Thanks for dropping in

11 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Totally fun design Ina!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Super creative, Ina. Love that telephone box stamp and your map background!

Judy Woodland said...

I have not done that technique in forever. The one where you leave the die in place and sponge around so that there is a lighter border. I love that look and must use it more, thanks for the reminder. I really like your design here, that red splatter behind the focal panel just makes the whole card pop. FABULOUS card!!!

Inkyfingers said...

I love the monochrome look on your card Ina and it's great to see a red phone-box again. We don't have many left now and they are all used for something other than making calls now lol!
Hugs
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design with the old phone booth.

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant design Ina, love your inspiration for this team of crafters.

Carol L said...

The background is beautiful for the old phone booth! Such a fun card!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

So British and so awesome! The map background is fantastic idea to showcase that red telephone. Well done Ina.

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous card and the red phone box sure is the star of the show. The extra red die cut looks wonderful and the tone of the card looks superb x.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow this is such a brilliant design Ina! I love the background and the pop of red in there especially with that image!! I just LOVE this set and have held onto it because I know, like you, I will find a perfect spot to use it in!! :) Thanks for the inspiration! HUGS

Izzy Scrap said...

Fabulous card, Ina ! And I love your choice of holiday, I love London and it’s perfectly illustrated on your card. xx