Pages

Wednesday 11 March 2020

There's Beauty in 'OLD'

It's time for our Photo Inspiration at
and it is a 'ripper'
(Aussie word meaning good, fabulous etc
or another bonza! Couldn't help myself.)
I decided to concentrate on that old vehicle
and mine is a ute! Certainly looks like it is.





I started with my background using 
Magical Powders (of course)
in Canna Lily Burnt Orange.
They just make them so quick and easy. 
I then added a mix of crackle paste and Taunted Love Teal
  through a stencil to give it a Patina look - just like the photo.
Stamped my  'ute' with an old Gina K stamp then smooched.
Added Art Alchemy Waxes for added colour.
Framed in brown and popped in front of die cut
and waxed cogs.
Sentiment is a Tim Holtz sticker.
Adhered to brown card base.
Here's a close up

Thanks for dropping by today.
Don't forget to see how my Team Mates
were inspired by that gorgeous photo.
Hope to see you in our Gallery this week.


11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Great colours and composition of the ol' ute...ripper rita.xxx

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous card for the challenge, Ina and I love your rusty vintage look.
Hugs
Carol x

Carol L said...

This is a wonderful masculine make, and perfect for those who love those old trucks! (my hubby is one of them) Great background with the colors and cogs too!

Jenny Hall said...

Love the inking, Ina!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design and I love the rusty old pickup.

Nora Noll said...

Oh I love the messy painting on this!! The background ROCKS!!

Mac Mable said...

The magicals sure have produced a fabulous effect and I love how you mixed the Teal with the crackle paste, through a stencil. A wonderful masculine card and a fabulous take on the challenge photo Ina x.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fantastic card, Ina. Love the rusty vintage look and great detailing.

Izzy Scrap said...

WoW ! Incredible take on the inspirational photo. Your crackled background is fabulous and the perfect one to highlight your old truck ! An amazing masculine card. x

*Vicki* said...

Wow! I sure do love this design and the colors in the background are completely amazing Ina!! WOW!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Ina. So many details to look at ... all perfect together. Great work! xx