Pages

Saturday 18 April 2020

A 'Rusty' Happy Birthday

It's our Colour Week at Just Us Girls
and our Host Bobby has chosen one that
screamed Mixed Media to me.
See what I mean!


I knew cogs had to have a place here and there are plenty.
The background was inked up umteen times with
the colours above. The cogs were also but with so many
different products giving them a very effective result.
Apart from the cogs I added some plaster's tape
to the bottom..
My Happy Birthday is from Happy Little Stampers.
Attached to navy card stock and onto brown base.
I really enjoyed making this and finished with
extremely colourful fingers. 

Check out what our Guest Cornelia and the Team created.
I'm looking forward to seeing how you 
choose to use these super colours in our Gallery.
You could be our Chic of the Week and in the running for
Guest Designer with us in June.

Will pop this over to the Watercooler Challenge
for their AG with a masculine twist.


Thanks for  dropping in


17 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love the full rust effect...amazing.x

Dawn T said...

What a stunning background Ina. Love the texture. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday

Mac Mable said...

Always good to have inky fingers Ina...Yes the colours are perfect for mixed media creations and what a stunning one you've made. All textural, rusty and colourful x.

Carol L said...

You did a fabulous job with that color combo! Love the rustic look of this with the cogs!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Another fabulous make! Love this rusty rendition! That is a great color combination and you have really made a stunning card with it.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You really made those colors work! WOW!

Judy Woodland said...

This is simply FABULOUS!!! Those colors are challenging, and you have really nailed them. Wonderful background and the rusty cog-y look is just gorgeous!!! I love this card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic design and has a great masculine feel to it.

lostinpaper said...

Perfect choice for this colour combo, you have rocked the mixed media here Ina!

Greta said...

Beautifully artistic use of the color combo!

Helen said...

What a great masculine card, Ina! Love that colour combo! you certainly are the queen of mixed media and backgrounds! So eye-catching! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! Stay safe! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

I do love your mixed backgrounds - this is fabulous

Nancy said...

You always make the best artsy card Ina! Love all the texture too! I nearly missed the plaster tape at the bottom! Nice job and thanks for getting up so early for us yesterday! It was so much fun!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is a totally awesome use of these colors! I love that amazing background with the addition of the plastering tape for the perfect texture and those cogs are absolutely perfect on this design!

Bobby said...

I'm glad you enjoyed my choice of colors, Ina. You do such a fantastic job with Mixed Media and this card is one of my favorites of yours. I love the cogs. Are they paper? MDF? Inquiring minds want to know.

Tammy said...

WOW Ina, that background is stunning, I love how colorful it is and the plaster tape looks awesome, gorgeous card!
Hugs, Tammy

Loll said...

Amazing card using the challenge colours Ina! I LOVE those cogs!! Great masculine card. xx