Pages

Saturday 11 November 2023

A Simple 'Thank You'

Today is Remembrance Day here in Australia 
and each year I make a 
Thank You card with poppies.
I was so happy to see our Host Carol M
chose Thanks/Thanksgiving as our Word Challenge at



My granddaughter recently gave me a box of tissue paper
and ribbons and that is where the idea for my
 CAS card came from.
My SB die cut flower is scrunched up red tissue paper.
Added a stamen in the middle with a hint of glitter.
Popped lightly onto the textured background 
and again onto card base.
Simple thank you sentiment is 49&Market
inked and heat embossed clear.
There is such a variety of wonderful cards
presented to you on our blog from
Melissa and the Team so head over and check them out
and join in with yours to the Gallery.

PS - When this goes live I will be spending time
in the tropics with family celebrating birthday's
for my son in law and Miss Harper Jane's 1st.



13 comments:

Loll said...

Amazing card Ina! I LOVE your gorgeous tissue paper poppy ... the bright red just sings against all that beautiful, textured white background. Great card! Hope you are enjoying your tropical vacations, my friend! xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this big flower against the white!

cm said...

Gorgeous red poppy, Ina - and what a pretty background you've created for it. Remembrance Day here in Canada as well; I'll be watching the ceremony from Parliament Hill in Ottawa on TV soon. Hope your tropical trip is fabulous!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

I like texture and your card has lots of it! What a pretty thank you card!!!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful Poppy against the white stone stenciled background! Julia xx

Bobby said...

What a beautiful flower, Ina. I want to take it off the card and pin it to my lapel.

Melissa Craig said...

Gorgeous poppy! I think this a brilliant use of tissue paper.

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely way to honor Remembrance Day, Ina! Your paper bloom is wonderful. Enjoy the tropics!!

Nancy said...

This is so very lovely, Ina. What a terrific idea for this important Holiday!

Lisa Kind said...

I love your paper poppy! What a nice way to say thanks! Lovely card.

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card and loving the image, colours are gorgeous xx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is beautiful! I love that gorgeous red flower and that textured background look amazing!

laurie said...

The red just pops...so pretty!