Pages

Friday 3 November 2023

Creative Trading Coins

It's that time of the month for our 
New Anything Goes Mixed Media Challenge at
I went with something a little different for me - 
I love the concept of Artist Trading Cards
 but went with coins.


They are a whole lot of fun to make..
Here is how they came together
Die cut circles, added strips of washi tape
 coloured with Lindy's Magical's
with random stamping 
Added splatters with my posca pen
Die cut my insects from coloured Lindy's Magical's
but didn't use the beetle
I chose a variety of products for the backgrounds
and Tim's Small Talk sentiments but in black
The bee has gold thread
Dragonfly has dyed cheesecloth
and butterfly has sisal

Head over and check out what fabulous pieces
have been created for your pleasure and hope you
get to have a bit of mixed media time
to add to our Gallery.
 Thanks for visiting


















6 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Ina these are fantastic, I too love the concept of ATC's but coins always seem to hug all those elements used a little bit closer. Love the attention to detail you have given them, each one unique!! Amazing makes.
Happy creative November Tracey x

Anita said...

These are just awesome, Ina! I like how each background appears so well-suited for its insect. It's wonderful when you get a great outcome with few materials, isn't it!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what stunning ATCoins! Your designs are amazing and I love how you combined all the different mixed media - perfect 😊. Happy November ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

Andree said...

A set of beautiful ATCoins Ina. You've blended all the gorgeous colours and created a wonderful textured nest for each of your fabulous insects. I love all the wording too xx

Fiona said...

Love your coins Ina - I haven't made any of these in a while. Those backgrounds are wonderful and show off the die cut insects perfectly.

Loll said...

So cool!! LOVE your coins, Ina. So artsy and fabulous with all that texture. Thanks for the step-by-step! xx