Pages

Friday 18 October 2013

WHW Technique - Challenge #120


 
I popped over to Inspired by Stamping to see what the latest challenge
Joanne and her crew of talented designers had come up with for us to try
and it is the WHW #120
 
Hop on over and check what it is all about.
Certainly something I had never thought of doing
and you know how it is - always interesting to try something new.
 

The photo isn't a true colour as the base sentiment cut out
tag and main image are cream card stock.
For the technique I used 3 different embossing powders
  Brown Sugar Green Pearl and Terracotta.
Embossed the fern image from GinaK Vogue Vases
I topped that with a torn piece of irridescent designer paper.
From IBS I added the lace
 the sentiment and tag from Fancy Sentiments & Every Day Tags
cut out with Spellbinder Labels 18
The main flower is from Elegant Flowers
I didn't waste the unwanted mixture of embossing powders
as there wasn't enough to put back in the containers so
I mixed them all together and used it on the sentiment, tag and flower.
It is a shame that you can't see the different colours properly
as it really is quite effective.
Also added a touch of ink to the lace.
Finished off with 4 rhinestones around the rose.
 
That is my first attempt at this technique and for sure will want to try it again.
Thanks Irit for your fabulous tutorial.
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Ina. I've done 2 colors before, but never tried 3. That looks really cool.

Tina said...

This is breathtaking! Thanks for joining IBS.

marcelle b said...

That is very pretty Ina, I must give it a go!

Cheryl Wright said...

I love this one too, Ina!