Pages

Saturday 9 July 2016

Guest Designing at Crafting with Dragonflies

 
Once again I am over at
Crafting with Dragonflies as I  have been invited
to be their Guest Designer.
Thank you Hilde for the opportunity to  be part
of the Team for July. So nice to be back with
some old Design Team Mates.
 
 
The challenge this fortnight is 'Summer Fun'
so my first thoughts went to the days when
we would enjoy the great outdoors biting into
an 'all day sucker' - that is what we call them.
***
For my card I cut out quite a few circles from
scrap DP with a Spellbinder Circle die.
I attached these in a circular motion around a large circle
cut from jac paper only using one sticky side.
(lollypops are of course colourful)
I have matted the background with coloured paper
and embossed one from a Couture Creations folder.
For my lollypop stick I cut up an old straw.
Added a button which I glittered to the centre
a bow on the straw and some coloured gemstones.
The sentiment is computer generated and the song -
Sunshine & Lollypops kept running through my head.
This was also cut from Spellbinder circle dies.
***
It may be the middle of Winter here in Australia
but like the Alan Jackson song may say
It's 5 o'clock somewhere - we can say
it's Summer Time somewhere and a
golden opportunity to get into this new challenge 
and have some fun.
***
I look forward to seeing your interpretation
of Summer Fun over Here
 
Thanks for dropping in
 
 
 

5 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

What a fabulous card.I love the idea and all the colors. I remember those all day suckers. Great job, Ina.

Susan Hogan said...

Yum yum! But oh, those sticky fingers!!!! Great card and yes it is Summertime anywhere but I really ran out of mojo for a Summertime card - perhaps it is too cold down here! Hope all is well with you and yours - we are fine although hubby has had a new hip and taken a bit longer than normal to get over it (typical). Yes, that earworm Sunshine and Lollipops is now in my head - thanks.

Wynn said...

Great fun card and great to have you back with the team. I love how you made this and may give it a go.....very inspiring. Wynn xxx

julie_woolston said...

Congrats Ina n your GDT fabulous card love the design and colour combo.
Hugs Julie xxx

Jarka Ef said...

it´s so sweeeet :-) thank you for your inspiration