Pages

Saturday 22 April 2017

It's Photo Week at Just Us Girls

It's Photo Week at Just Us Girls


and Hosting is our Crafty Chris choosing
this gorgeous photo 
What inspired me?
Funny but one of the first things I noticed
was the map in the background showing
Great Britain in bright pink.
So that is the one colour I picked up on and choosing to
emboss a part of my background with a
Couture Creations embossing folder sponged with
SU Yo Yo Yellow to match the carpet.
My floral image is from SU Bloom With Hope
again inked with Yo Yo Yellow & adding Melon Mambo
resulting in a few different colours for effect.
This was heated embossed with Ranger Black Powder.
Added some black glitter to the centre.
Leaves are from Kaisercraft
A strip of black & silver paper
and the same cotton were added to the back.
I inked up leaves in Memento London Fog
and sentiment is from the above stamp set.
Added some splatters for interest.

I am sure you will want to join us with
such a gorgeous photo to inspire you. Hope so. 
Don't forget to pop over and see what
our April Guest Laurie and the Jugheads created.

Thanks for dropping in


7 comments:

Bobby said...

It's fun to see what others pick out of a photo, Ina, and the pink flower representing GB is such a creative idea. I love how you put it on the 'carpet'.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your gorgeous card.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is stunning! I love that big, beautiful bloom, the colors are gorgeous! This is such a pretty design with the yellow patterned background and the touch of splatters.

Nancy said...

I enjoyed reading how you were inspired with this photo Ina! I really struggled with this one! However, the first thing I wished I had was a map stamp or die...but no luck! You did a great job and your card is Beautiful!

Chris Dring said...

It's so cool seeing how everyone saw something different in the photo and how they interpreted it. Your card is stunning, Ina! Love it!

Laurie Unger said...

It's so fun to see what details everyone picked out from the photo. Love what you came up with!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE your take on the challenge with the beautiful flower and that yellow background with all the texture. This is a super cool card!!!!