Pages

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Hey There

Back Again - this time for the current challenge over at
Addicted to CAS and it is one of my favourites -  Ombre!


My card was reeeeeeealy easy to achieve that ombre look
because of Altenew's  Ink cubes
where you get 4 little colour coordinating pads.
This one is Cosmos - 
Image result for Altenew cosmos ink
I went with the darkest to lightest.
The background stamping is from 
changing the stamps direction each time.
The floral image is part of the
Kaisercraft Secret Bird Collection Stamp Set.
I stamped my sentiment  from 
Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
then cut with Spellbinders Scalloped die.
Inked the edges but still was missing something
so lightly sponged inside.
Now I couldn't decide what card base to use.
Tried black - yuk! left it for a while and came back
and it hit me! Just use white and lightly ink
the background from the same stamp set. 
Here is what it looks like - 
 stmp1060.jpeg
I used the lightest ink and I was happy.
Popped it and my cas card is complete.

Check out the Details for this challenge  Here

Thanks for dropping back in again so quickly.


8 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Lovely CAS make! I wasn't familiar with those little Altenew cubes. So cheery and bright!

Judy Woodland said...

Wow, you really achieved that ombre look, just beautiful. And I love the silhouette flowers against those beautiful colors. They really POP!!!

Chris Dring said...

Fabulous ombre card, Ina! Those are some really pretty colors!

Cheri said...

That bg idea sure worked out well for your forcal image, SS. Gorgeous! Love those colors!

Bobby said...

Smarty pants. I never thought to just swipe a die cube across like this, Ina. It worked wonderfully for the ombre' technique. I love how you added a little of the color to the card base too.

Linda said...

Love that ombre background Ina.

Mac Mable said...

Unique ombre....ing on this beautiful card. Love the use of the mixed media strap too x

Ellenor said...

A beautiful card! I love the ombre effect you got from the inkpads :)

Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS