Pages

Friday 16 February 2018

Corking it for the CAS Mix Up Challenge.

Hey there I'm Back!
I have just spent the most amazing few weeks of
 fun filled craft time with my bff
creating and trying out new things.
This was the first card I made and is for the
I just had to wait till I got home 
so I could add to my Blog. 
I knew as soon as I saw the Mix I knew I wanted to use cork.
My friend has an EBosser so the cork die just cut out beautifully.
I think I will add this to my Wishlist for the future as I loved using it.
It is from Tim Holtz Wildflowers.
This was such a cas quick card to make.
All I needed was the cream card stock
my cork wild flower, an inked up sentiment
using distress inks and distressing/inking the edges.
My Mix is - Cork, Die Cut, Distressing and Stamping.
***
You will find that some of my postings 
will be a little light on with products
I used while I was away as there was so much going on
I didn't get time to write it all down.
Too busy playing! 
Hope you like what I made. Love to read your thoughts!
Thanks for dropping by.



15 comments:

Loll said...

This wildflower die looks amazing cut from cork, Ina!! Great CAS design with letting the cork flowers be the star. The distressed edges are a perfect detail. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

lostinpaper said...

I know I've got some cork somewhere myself.... thanks for the inspiration and the reminder to try out new things!

Judy Woodland said...

Well aren't you just the genius, though. I would NEVER think to die cut cork, and it's so stinkin' cool!!! I love the clean and simple look of this card with the cork being the star of the show. Such a fabulous ides, you are so crafty!!!!!! Glad you had a good time with your bff!!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Ooooh, this is awesome. I love the die cut cork, who knew? - and I do have cork sheets, so I will definitely be giving this a try! The card is so natural - love that you kept it monochromatic, just with the inked distressed edges. Beautiful!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful CAS and I love the color choice. Great floral die too!

Cheri said...

Wow! This is such a gorgeous card, SS, full of amazing texture and detail. I love the cork flower.

nancy littrell said...

Love your cork wildflower, Ina and how your distressed edges bring your eye back to your main image. TFS...Sounded like an awesome and creative time with your BFF:-) Hugs..

Helen said...

A great card Ina! I love that die so much! Thanks for the inspiration to try die cutting all kinds of things!

Bobby said...

So glad you had a fun time crafting with a friend, Ina. The wildflower looks great in cork and the inked edge frames it nicely.

Bonnie said...

This simple cork flower is fantastic, Ina! And made even more fantastic by the distressed edges! Isn't it fun to stamp and die cut with friends! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Jo said...

Love how clean your card is Ina. The distressing gives a feeling of parchment. Beautiful CAS design and the sentiment is perfect, xx
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!!

Mac Mable said...

So textural and beautifully CAS. Love the cork flower die cut, amazing effect x

Julia Aston said...

A lovely natural look to your card with the cork, cream card and distressed inked edge Ina - How fun to get together and craft with friends! thank you for sharing with us at the CAS Mix Up - Julia xx

Susan said...

Love the cork wildflower and the distressing on the edges of the panel - makes for a very natural-looking card! Thanks for joining us at cAS Mix Up.

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations with the shout out over at CAS MIx Up with your creative and classy card Ina x