Pages

Saturday 17 February 2018

Just a Note...

Hey Folks!
Time to show you what our Host Angie
chose for Colour Week at Just Us Girls
and aren't they gorgeous!


Colour Challenges are one of my
All Time Favourites! 
I decided it was time to get out one of my favourite
oldie but goodie SU stamp/die sets for this one.
It's Four Feathers.
Made a fun background for them by just
scrunching up my Kraft paper and 
then inked with Tim's Frayed Burlap
on the creases then tore around the edges.
My feathers were inked with
Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Tim's Peacock Feathers and
Hero Arts Unicorn - cut and popped.
I forgot I hadn't added the jute string when I
added glue all over the kraft paper
so quickly did that - sticky fingers and all!
Added a jute bow and 3 tiny punched circles
beside my Gina K sentiment.

Pop over to Our Blog to check out what
February Guest Tenia and the Team created.
Hope you get time to join us this week. 
See you in the Gallery?

14 comments:

Macimbalo said...

This is amazing Ina! I love that background and the feathers and the punches near the sentiment and the twine - I love everything about this card!!!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Ina! I love the colorful feathers against that fabulous kraft background!
Hugs, Tammy

Bobby said...

I'm in love with that rustic background, Ina. It goes beautifully with your feathers in the challenge colors.

cm said...

Great idea to create a 'scrunched' background for your oh-so-pretty feathers, Ina! A lovely 'just a note' card!
Hugs~carol

Tenia Nelson said...

So very pretty!!

Nancy said...

The scrunch paper looks fabulous Ina! Super impressed with this card!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic card design. Those colorful feathers look so wonderful against that scrunched up background.

Judy Woodland said...

I did a little happy dance with this one when I saw those feathers. I covet them, ya know. One of these days I'm going to just bite the bullet and get that set on eBay. I love what you have done with the background, I'm gonna pin so I remember it. Great take on the color challenge!

lostinpaper said...

Totally clever krafty background on your beautiful card Ina!

Barbara said...

Here I was scrolling down to see all of the design teams cards and when I came to your card.....I had to stop and tell you how fabulous I thought it was. Love that background. It looks perfect and so real. Great job on this one. You knock it out of the park.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your bg goes awesome with those feathers

Mac Mable said...

The scrunched kraft paper makes a great background effect to show off those pretty feathers x. Gorgeous card x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I LOVE this! That crinkled and inked background is a gorgeous backdrop for those pretty feathers. Great addition with the twine.

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh this is fabulous! That background came out so cool! Great for those lovely feathers!