Pages

Saturday 26 May 2018

The Sun is Shining over at Just Us Girls

It's Saturday so Hi and 
Welcome to today's post for Just Us Girls
Our Host for our Photo Week is Nancy
who is certainly thinking of 'Sun'
with this gorgeous Sunflower Bloom.
I was undecided as to stamp or use a die cut
for my sunflower but decided on a die and to
make my sunflower a little different.
I cut several flowers and simply cut them in half.
First off  I stenciled my Tim Holtz Stone background
with Gel Medium and Magicals in Burnt Orange
then quickly added Ranger Copper Embossing
and heat set it adding another texture onto white cs.
I then cut out some green flourishes.
Attached my sunflowers then added 
MS Brownstone Glitter to the popped embossed centres.
My STAMPlorations sentiment
 is inked with VersaColor Bronze.
Finishing with a yellow cotton bow.
Papers used were SU Hello Honey/Mossy Meadow.

Please pop over and see how our
Talented Guest  Patti Kehl and the Team
were inspired by that gorgeous Sunflower
and come join us this week.
Hope to see you in our Gallery.








18 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

INA! This is INCREDIBLE! It is melt-my-heart gorgeousness! I love that textured brick-stone wall behind your pretty die cuts. It's the type of card that would cheer anyone. In fact, it's perfect for framing. Your details, right down to the perfectly tied bow, are fantastic! Gorgeously done. Thank you for sharing your inspiration, and how this masterpiece came about. hugs, de (thanks for your recent, dear comment on my blog as well) xx

Cheri said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! This is fabulous, SS. I would frame this beauty!

Judy Woodland said...

How absolutely beautiful. I love that textured background with the bright, beautiful flowers. And all that white really makes the focal image pop. Great take on the photo, I really, REALLY, R.E.A.L.L.Y. like this card!

Nancy said...

You seem to always have the latest and coolest trends that I have not even heard of yet Ina. Love your background and your sunflowers too! Terrific job and have a fabulous weekend! All it's suppose to do here is rain!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Ina, this is such a beautiful and creative way of using that die. I love it.

Kathy Krug said...

Love the embossed centers for your flowers and the background and flourishes creat the perfect background.

Mac Mable said...

Wow to that fabulous effect with the magicals and gel medium and the heat embossed copper. It sets off those vibrant flowers wonderfully. Beautiful card Ina x.

Macimbalo said...

So gorgeous - I love the magicals with the embossing and all that texture. That background is stunning with those flowers and how genius to cut them in half - Your creativity is always so inspiring Ina!!!!

cm said...

A vibrant, beautiful card, Ina! The background is perfect for your pretty flowers!
Hugs~carol

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous Ina! Love the beautiful rich background! The sunflower just pops off it.

Patti said...

Oh my goodness! this is stunning : ) I love this technique and your flowers are brilliant!!

Thank you for your warm welcome this month! I have enjoyed my time as a guest on your terrific team!

Patti

Bobby said...

I may need more in depth details on how you did that background, Ina, because it's beyond stunning. The doubled up flowers look great with it.

Kara Lynne said...

I love how you gave your flowers a side view look! The centers are gorgeous with the Brownstone glitter, and what an amazing background!

Esther Asbury said...

LOVE that brick background behind you pretty blooms! So beautiful!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is absolutely amazing! I love that brick stenciling colored and embossed and the beautiful flowers with their many layers!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your flowers just POP with that fun background. Great inspired card~

Helen said...

Another great card, Ina! Your brick wall is so eye-catching! It sets off your sunflowers beautifully!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my, this is so gorgeous. I love the brick background that makes the flowers just pop. Beautiful card.