Pages

Sunday 8 July 2018

Celebrate the Season for CAS Christmas

Hello and Welcome
The new challenge over at
and sure to be a big hit with a 
favourite Christmas Flower - Poinsettia
to take pride of place for this month.
Check it out Here
Over at Little Red Wagon their Challenge is
Christmas in July so this card will be in both Galleries.


This was the easiest and quickest Christmas card
I have ever made so it's going to be mass produced
for later in the year to help me out 'cause
I am so far behind and I know I will 
need them in a hurry.
Here is how I made it.
That beautiful poinsettia is the
I saw Shery - the Owner make a card with this flower
and she stamped the back of the stamp then turned it around
and stamped the correct side off centre a bit and that is
what I have done here. Doesn't it look fabulous!
I used Memento Sweet Plum on the background and
Eldenberry on the main image.
Added some WOS Gold/Green
to the centre berries and Nuvo Glitter Gloss
on the front flowers.
Added my sentiment from
Cut this from a stitched die and attached to
SU Rich Razzleberry card stock.
I refrained from added gems or glossy accents
on those berries and think I did the right thing.


AAA Cards are also celebrating
Christmas in July Here so joining in
their Gallery also.

# Update - and how could I not add this card to the
Monochrome Magic with the 
Twist of Purple!
Monochrome as well. Yay!
I do love 'Purple'

Thanks for dropping in.
Love reading your Comments.



15 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Totally fabulous for sure! Love the color and the simple but very effective result!!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful poinsettia, I love the detail of the leaves and your colour is perfect. What a great idea using the back of the stamp to give a solid colour.
thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Trina P. said...

Pretty plum poinsettias, Ina! Love non-traditional colours. And what a fun technique stamping the back of the stamp. But I must say, I’ve only seen that done with symmetrical stamps. I like the whimsical look of using a non-symmetrical one. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas Poinsettia challenge. x

Mac Mable said...

Sure does look fabulous. Wow to the colour choice and love the technique you have used...one stunning card x.

Loll said...

Beautiful poinsettia card Ina! Such a gorgeous colour for your beautiful flower. And great idea to use the back of the line stamp to fill in with colour! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic technique, Ina! Love the colors you chose and how it sits beautifully in the corner! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

julie_woolston said...

Absolutely stunning Ina, one of my favourite colours, I love the design.
Hugs Julie xxx

Jane said...

Love your purple poinsettia, ultra trendy! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Lisa J said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely Christmas Card with me this month at Monochrome Magic. Lisa

JanR said...

Lovely card! Such a fab technique! I love the big sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is an interesting way to use the back of the stamp, Ina! It worked fantastic! I love the colors you used for your gorgeous poinsettia. Great layout/design too. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas. Hideko xx

Shona Chambers said...

I see what you mean about an easy card! That's such a cool idea to stamp the back of the stamp image first, gives such an artistic effect without having to go to much trouble. Might have to try this myself.....And your colour combo is so beautiful, love to see a non-traditional Christmas colour. So glad you shared this with us at The Flower Challenge!!

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, great technique. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards

Mac Mable said...

Yey to the shout out at The Monochrome Magic challenge...I am in very good company and thank you for introducing me to the challenge, after reading your post Ina x.

Tracie Pond said...

Such a pretty poinsettia, Ina. Love the color. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie