Pages

Sunday 16 January 2022

Sending Hugs

Having a little fun play time for the
CAS Mix Up Challenge and for the first one of the year
we are to do loose water colouring.
Details Here


I thought I would try something a little different 
by die cutting my images with acetate and inking
but was too thick so were then cut
with watercolour paper. While they were still together
I wet the paper and sprinked with Lindy's Magical's
in Alpine Ice Rose, Cathedral Pines Green
and Nuvo Cherry Bomb Shimmer Powder. 
After I had taken them out
I sponged through the negative cuts to use as a background, 
adding more colour to the die cut flowers as needed.
I then added some Distress Grit Paste through
Tim's Speckles stencil before adding the flowers
 in a different order to the front using the 
back watercolouring as a shadow.

Here's a close up. I had a hard time getting a clear photo
of the whole card.
Hope this qualifies as loose watercolouring.


Added a sentiment from a CB tag die
and tied a pink cotton bow.
Attached to card base to complete.
My Mix is - loose watercolouring, sponging, stencilling,
die cutting, stamping.
Hoping to make a more traditional 
loose water colouring card before the end of this challenge.
I am having so much fun.
Thanks for a fabulous Challenge.





10 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design, love those goreous colours. Have a lovely Sunday. xx

Annie said...

I love this technique and how great this card looks! Your art style is so inspiring! I need to give this a try also.

Judy Woodland said...

I absolutely LOVE this. Using the color crystals like this is just BRILLIANT. I'm pinning for future reference. I love the clean and simple design is so pretty! Hugs~

Helen said...

Absolutely gorgeous Ina!!! I love everything about this gorgeous card!! Well done! Take care! :)

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful loose watercoloring of your pretty die cut flowers, Ina. TFS the close up too. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card and the technique looks fabulous Ina. Thanks for the close up too x.

Shona Erlenborn said...

A beauty! Thanks for the videos - now I want to try loose watercoloring!

lostinpaper said...

This is so very beautiful Ina, LOVE the soft watercoloury flowers behind the die cuts! I must try this technique, thanks so much for the inspiration yet again!

Bonnie said...

Another awesome card using loose watercolor, Ina! Love the watery images behind the dies! Gorgeous colors too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

My Paper Epiphany said...

These are my fave AR dies and you’ve made such a pretty card with this technique! Thanks so much for joining the fun at CAS Mix Up:)