Pages

Saturday 30 July 2022

'Casing' a Favourite Designer/Designers

July is a long month and we have 
Five Saturday's so you know it is our
Wild Card Week at Just Us Girls 
I am Host this week and thought it would be fun to
 pick a favourite designer/designers and
 case one of their creations.
It can be a Card/Tag Maker, Scrapbooker, 
Mixed Media Artist - Journal Page Creator 
even a Quilt Maker like Carol Mc
I so love the dedication and how long it takes
to create something so special.
We need to say who we are 'casing' and
show their make and ours.
This is a longish post so grab some refreshments.

I chose two designers - 
Cecile Ribon -a fellow designer here
who inspires me with her talents and creativity weekly
and
Loll Thompson who I have admired and loved her
CAS creations for a long time.

Cecile's Card

My 'Case'
I changed the colour of the background,
added gold circles, floral die inked 
Lindy's Milky Way White for some shimmer,
a snippet of ribbon, sentiment and a few splatters.
Popped onto white card base.

Loll's Card

I saw this card and knew I had THAT stamp
also gifted from a Dear Friend.
Here's my 'case'
Die cut my Spellbinder Die then coloured the background with 
Tim's Oxide Saltwater Taffy and Speckled Egg
going for lighter coloures but now think
the darkers colours show up the
wet baby wiped stencilling better.
My stencil is from ARTplorations Fairy Tale Forest
(the technique Loll used)
Heat embossed the Uniko Stamp in black
adding the same sentiment as Loll
from the same stamp set.
Added a few punched pink hearts splatters and
distressed the edges before popping 
onto white card base.
I didn't know whether I would post this 
as I am not overly happy with the result
even second time around. 


Head over to our Gallery and check out 
fabulous case creations from our Guest Fran
and my talented Team Mates.
Thank you so much Fran for sharing your
beautiful card with us this month.
Sure hope we get to see your favourite designer's casing.
Thanks for visitng



12 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Ina...this was a brilliant challenge. I loved everyone's cards! Amazing that three of us chose to CASE Cécile... her work is so creative. Love your card!

*Vicki* said...

These are both brilliant CASE projects you've done here Ina! Absolutely love the CAS styles and design on both of them!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome CASEs from both designers! Fabulous choice and great challenge :)

Loll said...

What a lovely honour to be CASED by you Ina!! Thank you so much!

First, I love your CASE of Cecile's card. The mix of elements is so beautifully balanced ... and of course, I love the addition of pink! :) Great work. And fabulous work on the CASE of my card. I love the mix of colours for your background and can see the soft design of the stencil in the backgorund. The distressed edges add a wonderful design element. Really fun challenge, Ina! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Great project and fantastic colours and technique ♥

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Two gorgeous CASE cards! Great choice of challenge for us this week and you chose two amazing designers to CASE!

Lisa Elton said...

Two fabulous CASEs of Cecile's pretty cards! Love these, Ina beautifully done!

Bobby said...

This was such a great challenge, Ina. It's always nice to pay tribute to those designers whose work we admire. You did a brilliant job of CASEing Cecile. I love the way she designs too. Loll always has interesting techniques on her cards and your CASE of hers turned out so wonderful.

Carol said...

I love your cards and can see why you CASEd them! Your designs turned out so well!

Nancy said...

Two fabulous cards and two wonderful card makers! I love everything Loll makes as well. Awesome job on both of these, Ina~

baileyrosy.com said...

What a great challenge and you chose two amazing designers to case and you did them both justice beautifully.

marie

cm said...

First, I absolutely loved this challenge! It's so much fun to have an opportunity to share how we're inspired by others. Second, you've selected two fabulous card-makes to CASE and your takes are simply fabulous! A duo of delights in every way!
hugs~carol