Pages

Thursday 25 January 2024

Thinking of You...

We have added a New Challenge this year 
to our Weekly Themes at Just Us Girls 
 and I am thrilled to be our First HOST!
It's Anything Goes using a STENCIL - 
and don't we all have loads to choose from?



How fortunate I was that with our first challenge of the year
I made two cards. This is the other one and coming in handy
as I have had hubby in hospital on and off for a few weeks
so from playing Nurse and home chores play time
was on the backburner.

I do love adding texture to a stencil as I have done here.
I used my Magical's letting the colours soak into the background.
Added some white thread behind the die cut
and cut the sentiment several time for dimension.
Popped onto white card base and my stencilled card is complete.

Head over and see what our Guest Stef 
and the Team created with their stencils and
come join in the fun.
Hope to see yours in the Gallery.
A Big Thank You to Stef 
for sharing her talents with us this month. 

A LATE update sending this over to the

Thanks for visiting









16 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Ina. LOVE the colours and all that amazing texture. So happy to see another stencil challenge. Hoping to play along.

Hope your hubby is better soon. Take care of yourself too, my friend. xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Hope hubby's back on the mend soon! This stenciling is amazing, of course, you always make that look so easy! the colors are stunning and I love the dimensional sentiment.

Carol said...

Your colors are wintery as well as summery! I like your texture too. You did a lot of work for this pretty card.

Marlena M. said...

This is incredible Ina! I had to come and get a better look, and it's even more amazing. I'm sorry about your husband not being well, and I pray he stabilizes soon~

I Card Everyone said...

WOW! Ina, this is SO cool!! I seldom use those pastes I bought - maybe you will be the one to give me the nudge I need!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so fabulous! That added texture is just wonderful!

cm said...

Ina, you always create magic with your 'magicals' and this is no exception. Wonderful showcase of your stencil! Sending positive vibes your way to share with your husband. Hope he'll be on the mend soon.
hugs~carol

Nancy said...

Hi Ina, First and foremost I am sorry to read that your hubby has been in and out of the Hospital I certainly hope he is doing better and it's not anything terribly serious. As for your gorgeous card...That background is incredible and certainly caught my attention over at JUGS! Considering all you have going on you made a stunning card. Take care of you and him!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby, Ina. I hope he's doing better. Your card is so cool, love the texture!

Bobby said...

I love all the texture with the paste, Ina, and of course your use of Magicals is always a hit. So sorry to hear of your husband's health issues. Prayers that he recovers soon.

ElizStewart said...

Ina... hope the hubby is feeling better! Love your texture!!

ElizStewart said...

Ina... hope your hubby is feeling better! Love your texture.

Greta said...

Beautifully artistic card! Hope your hubby is much better soon.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love all of that texture on this artsy card! Absolutely gorgeous. I hope hubby is doing better.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love the colors you chose ad all of that wonderful texture in your design, Ina. Just love the addition of thread behind the die cut. Hope your patient is on the mend.

Stef Perry said...

Oh my, the past with the magical powders is just stunning, Ina, plus you added the pretty die cut floral and sentiment! Who wouldn't want to receive this beauty? I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's health issues and hope things are improving. Take care!