Pages

Friday 4 September 2015

It's time to play at 'The House'

It's the beginning of a new month and that means
NEW CHALLENGES
at my favourite blog The House that Stamps Built
Here is the first for the month and is a
 
 
 
 
It took me an age to find a Repeat Impressions stamp
to use on my card but my Mojo wasn't with me so I
decided to just use the beautiful sentiment and
add some scrap DP.
I did just that but in the end the bottom was too bare so
I found the perfect little stamp to finish it off.
 
The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions
Beautiful Days cut from
Spellbinders Labels 20
The flowers are the Flowering Vine.
I popped the strips of DP to a yellow backing
with white card stock as my base.
The flowers were inked with Stampin' Up
Yo Yo Yellow.
Ribbon from my stash
Tiny Pearls finished it off.
 
When I was making this card I wasn't happy how it was
turning out but since it is finished I am much happier
especially as I think the flowering vine finished
my card off nicely. I hope you think so too.
 
I have another card in mind for this challenge
so check back soon to see what I  came up with.
 
Thanks for dropping in
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

Cheri said...

That little vine was a perfect touch to this stunning card, SS. I love the paper strips....great way to use up scraps and hit a challenge head on at the same time. So glad you played along in the challenge at The House again.

Judy Woodland said...

Love, love, love the color pallet. You did a great job with this challenge, layout is awesome, as are your paper choices. Sometimes we just want to slap some patterned paper on a card and call it good. Your little touches of embellishment are perfect. This is such a happy little card!

Kathy S said...

Ina, you don't give yourself enough credit - your mojo is beautiful as is your card. I know when I feel like my layouts are stale, I go to my pinterest page and scan for my card designs. Here's the link, you are welcome to stop by anytime. You ready for your debut tomorrow morning at Sketch Saturday??? Woohoo!

https://www.pinterest.com/urrn4u/

Heather said...

Beautiful!! Love the little scrap banners and the vine stamp does finish everything off perfectly. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built