Pages

Saturday 31 October 2015

Just 'THE ONE'

Our HOSTESS for this weeks Wild Card Challenge
over at JUST US GIRLS  is the very talented
SHARYN
and she has chosen
A ONE LAYER CARD.
 
As with a lot of us we tend to shy away from them
because it is so much easier to add things.
Am I not right???
Well this got me thinking and it took me a
wee while to come up with something 'simple'
So here is what I made.
 
 
I got to ink up a couple of stamps
that I had in my stash but lay dormant.
Thanks Sharyn for making me search
for something suitable.
Products I used are -
Basic card stock
Floral/leaves stamps are from
Gina K Designs and Stampin' Up.
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in
Antique Linen Abandoned Coral
Peacock Feather Cracked Pistachio
Sentiment is Casual Fridays Stamps.
I was going to either score or add a line
either side of the sentiment but thought
better of it as so many times I just want to
add one more thing and I spoil it so....
I left well enough alone.
 
This is the last week for our
October Guest Julie Gearinger
who has contributed some beautiful cards
for us this month. Thanks Julie.
 
Pop over to Our Blog and
check out our ONE LAYER CARDS.
You won't be disappointed.
 
Thanks for dropping by.
Hope to see you over there this week.
Till next time
 


11 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

You are right, one layer cards are a bugger. It means I have to really be creative and not rely on patterned paper to make the card. Love your take on the challenge, it's a good one. Gorgeous colors and great layout. Thanks for the inspiration!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of color

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love it! And you used one of my favorite stamp sets too! Great colors.

Kathy Krug said...

This is so colorful and fun. Love it.

Lisa Kind said...

I have such a hard time with these one layer cards cause I too just want to add more! Love what you did with your design! So pretty!

Nancy said...

Yes I am in agreement Ina, added layers is what I do best and besides that is how I cover up all my mistakes! LOL You have a gorgeous one layer card here and I think you might want to try one layer more often you have excellent results!

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Ina love the design,
Hugs Julie xxx

Sharyn Polesel said...

You did a great job with the one-layer! Love the design and the bright colors!

Julie Gearinger said...

What a fabulous one layer card!! Love th bright colors and fun sentiment!! It has been a pleasure designing with you this past month!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love this! I have a real hard time with the one layer thing, too, but you nailed this challenge with this beauty. Love the colors and the way you stamped the sentiment with the mix of colors.

Maria said...

What a super fun background and perfect one layer card. Love the colors and design! Well done!