Pages

Monday 3 October 2016

A Birthday Card for 'Someone Special'

I have made this Birthday Card for my Daughter
and chosen the stamps specially for her.
 
 
Over at Crafty Cardmakers Pam is Hosting
our 'Birthday Card Challenge'
 
The stamp I chose is from Inspired by Stamping Here
called Nature 1. It has the Ulysses butterfly and the
 Cooktown Orchid. This butterfly if you are lucky
(and I have been) can be seen fluttering by in
my daughter's back yard. She also has the most
beautiful orchids blossoming on her patio.
Now you can see the reason why I made this card.
 
 
I have added several coloured layers
added to my card base
and the background is inked up with
several Tim Holtz distressed inks.
The Cooktown Orchids were stamped randomly
and heat embossed in white.
(My daughter lives close to Cooktown)
The Ulysses butterfly has been inked up
with TH peacock feathers with
 a smidgen of  pearl ex powder added
giving it a nice shimmer. Also
in black and covered with glossy accents.
Happy Birthday sentiment is a Spellbinder die.
Finished with a few coloured gemstones.
I have made a computer generated greeting
for the inside adding the tiny butterfly for a final touch.
 
Thanks for dropping by.
 


2 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful. LOVE your background sponging, and that butterfly is gorgeous...just stunning!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the colors on your beautiful card and I like that you carried the design over to the inside as well. Beautiful butterfly!