Pages

Sunday 15 July 2018

A 'Blooming' Fabulous Day

Hello and Welcome to my make for the day.
I recently purchased the Retired SU Botanical Blooms
Stamp/Die Set. It was one that I had let slip away 
but when I saw it on a Retired SU site for sale
I JUMPED at it.
Here is a CAS (I think) trying it out.
Because I have used both required elements for the
Splash Watercolouring and
Colouring our Die cuts
(I used the splash technique)
Die cuts, stamping and pearls
I will add this to their Galleries.
***
I inked up my watercolour paper
with Tim's Seedless Preserves 
for the main floral die and a smidgen of Magicals
(couldn't help myself as the purple adds a lovely shimmer)
and Mowed Lawn for the smaller blooms.
The leaves were splashed with Milled Lavender
and a hint of Magicals (again)
Added my Darkroom Door Sentiment then
I cut a strip of the green paper tearing the edges
 to add to the background and then 
arranged my leaves and flowers.
Backed this with card stock from SU
and adhered to white card base.
Finished with pearls.

Here is a close up



I plan to play a lot more with this set
and include the matching paper so
be on the lookout! 

Thanks for dropping in
Till next time - Cherrio from

16 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous watercolored die cut flowers using the Splash technique, Ina. I love your CAS design. So pleased you joined us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up. Your card was perfect for both challenges. Hugs...

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful Ina, love this design.xx

Loll said...

WOW! Beautiful card Ina!! No wonder you had to have that set ... looks amazing with this design and layout. And love the colours too. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour! xx

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Ina, I've been playing with these flower dies too! Cathy x

Linda said...

Pretty colours Ina and such a lovely stamp/die to have in your collection I agree.

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful colour combination. The purples are so striking and vibrant against the pretty greens. You just keep these magicals coming Ina....Love how you've torn the paper and your layout is fabulous. You have created a really special CAS card, with all the mixed media elements and vibrancy of colour....Loving this one x. Thank you for adding this fabulous card to The CAS Mix Up Challenge x.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful, richly colored flowers, Ina! I love the layout of your flowers and how much that torn strip adds to the design! Just lovely! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your flowers are so beautiful and your card design is awesome. I love those colors too.

Kathy Krug said...

This is so pretty, Ina. I love the bits of green to break up the white and your flowers are gorgeous and arranged perfectly.

Julia Aston said...

The purples on your watercolored die cut blooms are just beautiful Ina - so lovely with the soft green stems and green dots! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up! Julia xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous card Ina, love the colours and composition

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Ina!! I have this same set too but think I've only used it once...after seeing your GORGEOUS card I think I need to pull it out again!! LOVE how you used the splash technique for coloring the blooms and leaves and coloring the die cuts too...way to go combining both challenges!! And the colors are just STUNNING! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

Shona Erlenborn said...

So pretty. The home-made watercolor paper is gorgeous. This makes for a beautiful bouquet of flowers - love the addition of the magicals - I think I need to get me some of them!!

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,love the design.xxx

Judy Woodland said...

Oh how I love this. You have used one of my all-time favorite die sets, and I have neglected it lately. I'm pinning so I can reference. I really the white background and your colors are perfect. Great layout and I adore the addition of the pearls, a perfect final touch.

Helen said...

The beautiful rich colours makes your card a real stand out Ina! You've used this stamp set so well on your card!