Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

A Textured Mixed Media Project for Art and Soul Studio

Today is my turn to showcase what I made with taking inspiration 
from the January Mood Board over at



As you can see I honed in on the Deer and Trees.
***
I started my project by choosing the
Memory Box Garden Birch Landscape Stencil


then started sponging with Tim's Oxide Inks in
Faded Jeans/Spiced Marmalade/Fossilized Amber
Pealed Paint and Vintage Photo


Then with the stencil still in place
 inking my trees in a variety of colours with
Memento Pistachio/Olive Grove/MementoLuxe Northern Pine
Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves


Checking out to see where to place my Deer
This is part of the Tim Holtz Great Outdoors CMS321 set
I purchased from the Art and Soul Studio as are the trees above.


Removed the stencil then
I heat embossed him with Ranger Copper and a second time
with Ranger Potting Soil.
 

Next came texture to the trees with DecoArt Crackle Paint
allowing it to dry naturally.


More texture was added for the ground using
Artisan Powder in Parisan Rosewood
Tim's Distress Stain in Gathered Twigs 
and VersaFine Clair Fallen Leaves
mixed with DecoArt Texture Sand Paste.


and stenciled with Scratchy Stencil by Kaisercraft


Inked the edges then attached to a blue back.
Decided to add a backing with brown card stock
with a Stamperia Formato D (KSD282) stencil
using Nuvo Toasted Almond Mousse.
(Still not sure if I like it)
Added touches here and there for effect on the trees
and on the ground.
The trees were also coloured with an Antique Linen Pen.
Finished with distressing the background .
Main image is popped.
Sentiment is die cut from MFT Stitched Die
heat embossed in white.

A few close ups!




The Art and Soul Studio give away
$50 vouchers to their store for Australian Residents
as prizes and overseas contributors are
invited to be Guests. Why not come join in 
and add your creation Here
this month and you could be a lucky winner!

Products from Art and Soul Studio are
Tim Holtz Great Outdoors Stamp Set
Stamperia Stencil
Kaisercraft Scratchy Stencil
Artisan Parisan Rosewood Powder
DecoArt Texture Sand Paste
Nuvo Toasted Almond Mousse
VersaFine Clair Fallen Leaves.


Hope you liked my project.
Till next time Cherrio!


13 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a fabulous make Ina - everything inky!! Love the result you got from the different layers. Well done!

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! Love all this inky, textured goodness! What a gorgeous scene you've created!

Kara Lynne said...

Oh WOW, Ina! I loved seeing the process of your design using the stencils and stamps! So much texture everywhere! Great double embossing on your deer.

Judy Woodland said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! You have outdone yourself here, my friend. Mixed media is not my thing and you just seem to do it perfectly. I am so envious of your talent. I love everything about this lovely creations!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a gorgeous mixed media scene you created. I just love the forest elements and the deer too.

*Vicki* said...

Wow! Your mixed media project is absolutely amazing Ina!! I especially love the use of your crackle medium and I just LOVE this TH stamp set! :) Thanks for sharing the details! HUGS

Tammy said...

WOW Ina, this is stunning! I love the gorgeous mixed media scene you created, I love that embossed deer too, so beautiful!
Hugs, Tammy

Bobby said...

Oh my goodness, Ina! So much texture and details and layers. This is mixed media at its finest.

aussie aNNie said...

Ina, love this and the gorgeous mood board used. Fabulous mixed media and gorgeous stamping...
Happy New Year.xxx

Helen said...

Wow, Ina! So many layers to develop this amazing background! Looks like you had lots of fun playing!

Carol L said...

This belongs in a frame hanging in a museum! It's absolutely stunning and with so much work you put into it, it should be on display! Well done!

Mac Mable said...

You so look like you had so much fun creating this unique and stunning mixed media piece of art....Love it x

Loll said...

Amazing piece of art Ina! Gorgeous forest scene. Love all the texture from your layering and pastes. Thanks for the step-by-step tutorial. It's great to see how you made this. xx