Pages

Saturday 8 June 2019

Believe in Yourself

Hello and Welcome to Trend Week at Just Us Girls.
Hosting this Challenge is Bobby choosing
Texture Paste


I recently received a few new stencils in the mail
and wanted to try them out. 
The ARTplorations Faces - Gorgeous is one I chose.
I had the background in my Bit Box 
thinking it was nice and feminine. 
I used DecoArt Texture Sand Paste which gave the stenciling
a gritty raised effect. I also got some Art Alchemy Metallic Wax
in Vintage Gold so giving it a go using my finger
through the stencil after the paste was dry
it added a dramatic result.
If you haven't used these waxes before you will be pleasantly
surprised with the lovely smell that lingers on from them.
I then heat embossed my sentiment
 from STAMPlorations Bloomful with gold powder.
Cut it out with a stitched die, framed it in white
and popped to white card base.

Pop over and see what our Guest Marlena
and the Team created using Texture Paste
and come join in this week with this
'Oh so Popular' Trend.
You could be our Chic of the Week going on to be
chosen as our Guest in August.

Till next time - Cherrio from











16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design Ina and love that stencil and hot pink colours.x

Helen said...

Love this card, Ina! Stunning effect with the stencil and texture paste! Hope you had a great day at the show!

*Vicki* said...

What an awesome design! That stencil is really cool and I love the background you've used for it!! Beautifully done!! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect background for the embossed image.

Judy Woodland said...

I LOVE THIS!!! Your design is so stinkin' cool, and the colors are fabulous. I'm pinning, this is just fantastic!!!!

Carol L said...

This is just FABULOUS! Love the colors and image!

Macimbalo said...

Wow this is amazing! I love that stencil and the background is perfect for it!

Mac Mable said...

Such a striking card and love the pretty feminine pink background and Wow to that fabulous stencil. The gold looks amazing x

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful card with the bright pink and the embossed image in gold.

Bobby said...

This is spectacular, Ina. The stenciling is in the perfect place on that smooshy background and the fold is subtle yet stands out giving your card an elegant look.

Nancy said...

WOW!! Such a clever idea! So impressed with your thinking!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

So delicately feminine! Gorgeous background - you always come up with these fun mixed media materials, I shall have to look into this Metallic Wax - love the results.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this! That background is so dreamy looking and so perfect for your embossed image. Very cool effect with the texture paste and the metallic wax.

Tammy said...

WOW what a stunning card and design Ina, I love the pink background with the gold stenciled face, so beautiful!
Hugs, Tammy

Marlena M. said...

Now I want to mix media all over the place Ina! This is fabulous, and I need to get my fingers stained now, thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa Kind said...

This is such a cool card! I love the inked background and that face stencil with the gold texture paste is amazing!