Pages

Friday 1 November 2019

A Mixed Media Maple Leaf Make

Hello and Welcome to my post for


This month I moved away from my usual
floral type makes and went for
a pretty maple leaf and some cogs.
Something a little less time consuming
after last months piece.
It's a 4x4 canvas sealed with gesso.
and textured with stenciling
from Little Birdie

Adding colours with Lindy's Shakers in
Magnolia Magenta Gold
Grab a Guy Gold and
Cowabunga Copper
and more stenciling with some script using
Cadence Relief Paste .
Coloured up my chipboard cogs and attached to canvas.
Also attaching my maple leaf which is from a
very old Cuttlebug Die and cut multiple times
coloured using Jolly Roger Red Alpine Rose
and Glory of the Sea Gold Sprays
Metal cogs are heat embossed with
Wow Chocolate Caramel Pearl Powder.
Added lots of waxing in
Art Alchemy Fire Ruby Royal Robes
and Rich Copper
around the canvas edges and cogs.
Coloured a few cabachons to finish.

A few close ups - 



That's it for this month.
 Pop over and see what my Talented Team Mates created.
Hope to see you in our Gallery.

Once more I will join in the Challenge over at
Bleeding Art for their Anything Goes Here








13 comments:

Helen said...

It's gorgeous the way all these different elements work so well together, Ina! Gorgeous colour!

Judy Woodland said...

This is simply fabulous. I love the colors, they are stunning. All that texture adds so much to the overall design. Really beautiful, so much to see I spent quite awhile looking at everything. GORGEOUS!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous autumnal colours, and I love the layered cogs and gears building up dimension and the leaf which has fluttered down and landed on top. Great texture in the background too.
Alison x

Suzette Hussey said...

Great work Ina! I love the use of pinks/purples with the cogs. Usually everyone gives a rust or metallic finish.

Verna Angerhofer said...

You have become a great mixed media artist. This is well constructed and I like your choice of colors too.

Mac Mable said...

What gorgeous colours and I love how you've combined the cogs with the maple leaf. A glorious mixed media project x.

Carol L said...

Those layered cogs look so fun and cool with the big maple leaf! I just love all this texture and color!

Andree said...

A fabulous canvas Ina. Lovely layering and colour blends xx

Cathy F said...

Fabulous colors and textures! Thanks for joining us at Bleeding Art!

Jane Austin said...

Ina, this so pretty.... Streamline meets pink, I love it ...x
Jane 🌴

Lys said...

Unusual colors for an Autumn project, such a great idea!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly designed and love those colours

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cool, great looking with all the textures and interest well done mf
xx Karen