Pages

Monday 6 January 2020

You're Special

Hello there! Welcome to my Blog.
How often do you make a card for a specific challenge,
leave it overnight then finish it off the next day
 and then find out it is suitable for another?
Doesn't happen to me very often but this card did just that.
It's for the Cool Colours Challenge
and the CAS Stencil Challenge using a



This card was started specifically for the WC Challenge
but after looking at how plain the front was I thought it
needed a little something - hence the random stenciling
(I know it's only an itsy bitsy bit)
with white texture paste. It's
Tim Holtz - THS102 Layering Stencil
and purchased just before Christmas after I saw
a girlfriend use it - and had to have.
This was when I decided to add it to the Stencil Challenge above.
Thistle image is from Lavinia Stamps, heat embossed in black
 and coloured with Lindy's Magical's in 
Witch's Potion Purple and Cathedral Pines Green.
I cut out the front with MFT Peek a Boo square die
 and went my merry way and popped it to my Thistle 
forgetting that I hadn't added 
my STAMPlorations sentiment - bummer. 
That meant I needed to die cut it
just in case my stamping didn't turn out.
Adhered it to white card base.
I will keep this card and give it to my sister
for her birthday in a few months time.
I'll be back before the end of the month to 
play again and with more stenciling lol.

Happy 1st Birthday to CAS Stencil Challenge
Where did that 12 months go?
Congratulations Loll and everyone involved 
over the past year. You have done an amazing job
and  I am sure we will see you around for
so many more encouraging us to
put our stencils to good use. 
Thanks Bunches!

 Till next time - Cherrio from





17 comments:

Carol L said...

Your design is lovely and the added texture paste was just enough to finish this card beautifully!

lostinpaper said...

Beautiful design Ina, love the colours in the thistle panel and the added stencil was the perfect choice too!

Shona Erlenborn said...

My favorite flower! This is so pretty Ina. Love the stenciling too!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I love this. And not just because it's purple (although that IS a consideration - lol). The textured background is fabulous and I love the stitched frame or the focal. And I am so partial to Lavinia Stamps, they are so whimsical and pretty. Well done!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is beautiful and I love how you added the extra texture with the stencil. That really looks fabulous!

HilaryJane said...

I am so glad you decided to share this at CAS Stencil as it is a stunning card. The thistle image, the background colour and the shimmer add up to make it something special, also the diamond aperture adds something rather than using it as a square. The idea to use texture paste and a stencil to add texture and interest was brilliant xx

*Vicki* said...

Your card is so gorgeous Ina! I love the stenciled background with the wonderful texture and the pretty watercolor window!! Stunning! HUGS

Loll said...

LOVE your framed arsty bloom in cool colours. The random texture paste adds so much interest and dimension to the front of your card. Fantastic work, Ina! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Stencil! xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautifully colored flower image for your aperture. I love how it is framed and your added stenciling with paste. Your forgotten sentiment turned out very well too. TFS Ina and playing along with us at CAS Stencil. Hugs..Nancy

Tammy said...

What a beautiful card Ina! I love the window design and fabulous CAS feel, the embossing is a perfect touch! Happy New Year!
Hugs, Tammy

Bonnie said...

So many things to love about this card, Ina! The Lindy's background is so pretty and I know it shimmers too! Love how you've cut the frame as a diamond that beautifully frames this awesome thistle! And the stenciled embossing adds wonderful texture and interest! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Marlena M. said...

Super dynamic card Ina! Love the window and texture!

Corry said...

This is so beautiful , I love the stencil
I have a question, I can no longer post my blog on fb. that's why I created a new blog. I have been following your blog , would you also like to follow me?
My blog is corryscardandcreations
Hugs Corry

Mac Mable said...

Great combination of challenges and of course you had me at the Thistle x. What a wonderful design and the Lindy's look fabulous. The addition of the stencilling is great too Ina x.

Words and Pictures said...

The rich purple is perfect for that whimsical thistle, and I like the diamond aperture framing it. Another great card.
Alison x

Cathy said...

Love your gorgeous purple thistle Ina, I bet it's beautifully shimmery in real life (love magicals though I don't have any, yet lol!) The stencilling adds a lot of texture and interest. Thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love your cool coloured artsy bloom and the pretty stencilled panel! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!