Pages

Friday 7 February 2020

My Colourful Make Over

Welcome to today's post.
It's a New Year of Mixed Media over at
Creative Artiste Mixed Media
and we are welcoming a New Designer
and so excited that Super Talented Jo 
is joining our Team. Check out her blog Let's Art Journal.



Over the Christmas break I was looking for my hardly ever used
washi tapes (mostly given to me by my granddaughter)
 for something or other which were
in a box a friend had sent me with craft goodies.
It was then that I decided it needed a make over.



As you can see it was pretty ordinary but a lovely solid box.
Not the easiest thing to photograph so bear with me
with the photos I took along the way.


After applying gesso all over I added
 Textured Sand Paste randomly and some stenciling
with Tim Holtz Stone Stencil.
Continuing on I added my bits and bobs of
chipboard pieces, punchenella, cheescloth
and clear rock candy crackle paste.
Adding colour with Lindy's Magical's in
Witches Potion Purple. Caribbean Blue
and Blue Hawaiian Blue.


Added a die cut  and heat embossed sentiment
which was inked accordingly.
Finished it off by adding 
Art Alchemy Mermaid Sparkle Sparks and Waxes - 
Heather Hills, Peacock, Rose Robes,
Cosmic Shimmer in Patina and Frosted Heather.
Now some photos in no particular order.







It was so nice to have a big break over 
Christmas/New Year but now
anxious to get messy in a creative way again.
Thanks for dropping in and don't forget to
pop over and see what my 
Really Talented Team Mates created
and Welcome Jo to our flock.
Hope to see you in the Gallery.

Till next time - Cherrio













11 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I have a "thing" about boxes. If it's a good sturdy box I'm saving it. Never thought to embellish them, thanks for the inspiration. I love your soft colors and all that texture. Simply beautiful and now it's a treasure!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is fabulous, Ina! I can see you sitting there getting all messy and inky with that one! Love all these embellishments. Awesome steam punk project!

Kathy Krug said...

I love the blue and purple together on your box makeover. Wonderful project,Ina.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful decor on the box and in such fabulous colors.

Andree said...

A gorgeous decorated box Ina. Beautiful colours and fabulous textures xx

Carol L said...

You make some of the most beautiful things, and this box is one of them! I love all that great texture, color and especially the design! It's gorgeous!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing make! All the detail looks stunning, I love how you layered up all the pieces and the softness of the colours is so beautiful with the shimmer and shine - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for the warm welcome, I'm so excited to be part of this wonderfully talented Design Team! Big hugs, Jo x

Lys said...

So we both were in a "recycling box" mood! I love what you made with yours: the soft colours and the joy infused in, and of course the steampunk elements together.

Mac Mable said...

Wow.. what fabulous texture and creativity on your amazing box Ina. Fabulous elements and colours and now you really have one very special box for those tapes x.

Judy McKay said...

Very pretty altered box Ida. Lovely colours. Have a creative month. Judy

Loll said...

WOW! You've created a masterpiece from a plain box, Ina! Gorgeous texture, colours and dimension with your amazing mix of stenciling, pastes and die-cuts. Great work! xx