Pages

Friday 5 February 2021

Not your ordinary Spec's Case

 Time to show you my latest Mixed Media project for
where our challenges are Anything Goes 
with multiple mediums required.
Something a little different this month and fun to make.


I decided to dolly up a boring black spectacles case.


Started with black gesso
then went to work with stenciling adding chipboard, flowers,
cogs, keys, cheesecloth, magical's, waxes, pearls,
metallic paints and real chicken feathers.
Here's some photos. 
The start!
and finish!


That's it for me this time round.
Pop over and see what my 
Ever So Talented Team Mates created. 
Then head into your creative space and create
some magic for our Gallery.
Love to see you there.

















11 comments:

Helen said...

Wow!! This is stunning, Ina! You are the Queen of these wonderful creations! Gorgeous colours! :)

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow, Ina! This is amazing! A beautiful piece of art. Love the pastel colors too. Is it still functional?

Judy Woodland said...

I love this, you clever girl. It's beautiful, and what fun to keep your glasses in a work of art. I am so impressed, you are the Multi Media Queen!!!!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing transformation! I loved seeing how it all came together and the finish is so beautiful 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy February! All the best for 2021! Hugs, Jo x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! That is so cool! You created a beautiful specs case.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm so glad you have chosen to keep this Ina, it's a mixed media treasure and one of a kind and so useful. Love that central flower makes me think of the warmth of Spring hopefully heading my way soon. Beautiful creation.
Sending creative wishes you way Tracey x

Judy McKay said...

Love the details in your project Ina. Lovely transformation. Have a creative week and keep safe. Judy

Loll said...

WOW! An amazing piece of art that holds glasses! Great work Ina!! xx

Lys said...

A happy transformation, Ina: I love the textures full of details you added, and the soft colours too.

Andree said...

This looks amazing Ina. I love all the textures you've used and the soft, pretty colours xx

Mac Mable said...

So unique and gloriously mixed media. Fabulous transformation of the glasses case and very beautiful too x.