Pages

Friday 2 April 2021

In Art - Instinct is Enough.

Hello and Welcome to my latest
Mixed Media Piece for Creative Artiste 
Each month we have an Anything Goes
Mixed Media Challenge using multiple mediums.


I got a gift certificate for Christmas and only recently
used it buying the Thinlits Insects which I wanted to
 try them out. 
My first background attempt failed so didn't take photos
along the way after that. 
Here is how I started - using Art Achemy Metallic Paints
second  time around!
then adding the Thinlits Insects
to see  where to apply the Modeling Paste
After that I went on my merry way
adding the inked lace, die cut and coloured insects.
I like leaving some small bits of the cut outs. 
Just added to the effect.
Sentiment was cut and popped after heat embossing.
Rubbed the Art Alchemy Waxes and Sparks 
in various places especially around the edges.

Products I used are - 
Modeling Paste, Stencil and Sentiment  from STAMPlorations
Flair (Slimline stencil) Art Is (Sentiment cut up)
Lace background soaked in Magical's
Magical Powders and Lindy's Sprays
Art Alchemy Gold Rush and Emerald Green Metallic Paint
Art Alchemy Waxes Peacock and Vintage Gold
Art Alchemy Sparks in Mermaid Sparkle Acrylic Paint
White Embossing Powder
Thinlits Insects

A few close ups!

That's my project done and dusted for the month.
Hope you liked and leave a comment.
I love to read your thoughts.
Pop over and see what lovely Mixed Media Makes
are over there to inspire you to have a play
and add to our Gallery. Love to see yours there.

Popping this over to Country View Challenges
Found this new to me Challenge through
Designer Jane using one of my favourite stamps.
Thank you.
for their

Till next time - Cherrio from








12 comments:

Andree said...

A gorgeous canvas Ina. The background is so rich in textures and fabulous colour blends. You've even managed to make the bugs look pretty! xx

Tammy said...

WOW this is stunning Ina! I love the colors and fabulous textures, the insects look awesome!
Hugs, Tammy

Judy McKay said...

Beautifully designed canvas. Love all the details. Have a creative safe month. Hugs Judy

Cathy said...

This looks amazing Ina, love all of the different textures and colours. I've been looking at those bugs too lol! Not sure if I'd use them but I like them lol! Yours look fabulous, Cathy x

Lys said...

Fabulous scene with these insects caught in the rich background. I love the quote of Anatole France too: perfect!

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the extra photos Ina x. Gloriously mixed media project and I love the colours and the texture and money well spent, with the gift voucher with those insects x.

Craftyfield said...

Lovely textures and colours in your background,perfect foil for those insects! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges!

Rosie said...

A very beautiful piece

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning project! The background with all those layers and textures looks amazing and I love how you used those insect Thinlits, the metallic paints look so beautiful 😀. Take care and Happy April! Hugs, Jo x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful work Ina, loving the build up of layers, your colour choice is divine. Hugs Tracey x

Monika Gulyas said...

Fabulous mixed media project!!! Thank you for joining the April challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Irmelin Eriksson said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irre