Pages

Saturday 5 March 2022

A Little Bit of Ireland

Elizabeth is Hosting our Word Week over at
Just Us Girls and has chosen
Now if you look at the date -
St Patrick's Day is coming up soon and that was 
my first thought on where I was heading.


After searching every stamp set I have 
I couldn't find any 'lucky' ones and
that is where I was stumped for quite some time.
Eventually I went CAS with my favourite technique
using Lindy's Magicals in
Bells of Ireland (of course)
and found some tiny hearts hiding in my
drawer of old Cuttlebug Dies, cut a tiny stem 
inked the edges to give a little definition.
Sentiment is computer generated using the
Emerald Isle Font (naturally)
even got lucky inking the edges.
€€€
Since we are talking about lucky!
I was lucky enough to spend time in Ireland
with my sister/husband niece and cousin
doing the tourist thing checking out the 
beautiful floral displays that are everywhere,
get a photo with an Irish Model (lol)
and couldn't go past Sweet Molly Malone
then as we were driving along I saw 
a sign that had MY NAME on it so 
asked the bus driver to pull up so I could get a photo.
(Lucky Me)

Hope you head over to Our Blog 
and see what is in store for you there.
Join in and you could be Chic of the Week and
in the running for our Guest Designer in May.
€€€
As we start a New Month we welcome our
 March Guestie JoAnn Burnam. 
Thanks for visiting.




9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

For Leaf clover it works for me it’s lucky! Love that green

Nancy said...

Love your card but really enjoyed the story and pics too! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Mac Mable said...

What a fun way to do the shamrock with the hearts Ina. I love the vibrancy of The Bells Of Ireland magicals and the sentiment is perfect x. What lovely memories of your trip to Ireland Ina and yes you was 'Lucky'.....x.☘ 💚

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful brusho wash on your panel - sweet heart clover and wonderful sentiment!

Celeste Goff said...

Love that loose, splattered green watercolored background! Great card!

Lisa Elton said...

I love that you used hearts to create this, Ina! Fabulous artsy background too. Thanks for sharing your story and trip photos!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the shamrock you created out of the hearts! That background is beautiful and that sentiment is perfect.

Bobby said...

I love the way you made a shamrock from those little hearts, Ina. The magicals did their thing to make a great background for them, and the sentiment is perfect. It looks like your Ireland trip was fabulous. If I ever went out of the country, that's where I'd love to go.

JoAnn said...

Love your card, especially the shamrock you created with hearts. That was my first thought for a card, but I went with flowers instead. Thanks for sharing the photos of your visit in Ireland.