Pages

Saturday 9 April 2022

What's the Trend at Just Us Girls

It's Saturday and that means it's
time for our Weekly Challenge at Just Us Girls 
I am Hosting our Trend Week and chose
Foil on Alcohol Inked Cards.



This is something I have long admired but
have never tried it. I bought foil
a few years ago at a Craft Show and they have
sat in limbo till now.
I spent some time with my supplies outside with a fan on
renewing the fun it is to just play with alcohol inks.
I admit there were a few that went you know where
but still had plenty to choose from. 


This one using Alcohol Inks and GoPress Foil
(Golden Cream Light Mirror Finish)
Memory Box Perky Poppy
Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders and
Craft4U die cut sentiment with gold foil.


and this one - has lots of 
blue green foil (Iridescent Finish)
die cut into three, lightly popped
attached to white frame.
Sentiment from Pink Fresh Studio
Added a few clear cabachons
Adhered to white card base to finish.
I realize now I should have used
one of the other coloured ones for contrast and interest.

I am super excited to see the Gallery this week
after checking out the incredible makes from
our Talented Guest Mac Mable and Teamies.
Go see for yourself and join in the fun
by adding yours too. Hope to see it there.
You could be Chic of the Week
and chosen to be our Guest in June.
Thanks for checking out my post today.









15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

I am not at all surprised you choose alcohol inks and foiling to host this week Ina....Mixing the medias with the most amazing results x. Both cards look stunning, great alcohol ink colours and both designs are so very eye catching x. I had fun with this one Ina x.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Two fabulous cards with those gorgeous backgrounds! Love the touches of foil incorporated with the alcohol inks. This was a fun challenge!

Helen said...

Striking cards Ina. I love the colours on the panels on your first card. Gorgeous. Take care! :)

ElizStewart said...

Ina... wow as always! The color combinations are gorgeous! Thank you so much for pushing us to try something new!!!

cm said...

A duo of gorgeous cards, Ina! Fabulous inspiration for the challenge!
hugs~carol

Judy Woodland said...

Great challenge, and beautiful cards. I love using foil with alcohol inks, the look is just striking!!! You colors are FABULOUS here, fantastic creations, my dear!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two beautiful cards! Wonderful colors!

Carol said...

Beautiful results with your alcohol inks and foil! You made us step outside of our comfort zone and have now enabled at least me to want to BUY more supplies so I can do more of this! LOL!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Ina! Love your mix of colours with your AI panels. Adding the foil just takes everything up a notch ... so gorgeous! Great challenge! xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Both of these are fabulous! I do love the green one a lot -- great challenge :)

Nancy said...

Ina, First thanks for pushing us to do something new and different. Your results are just as pretty as can be. Love the unique layout of your first card and that panel is so cool and as for card two...love the fun layout! I was just about to cut mine and then thought of the peacock.

Lisa Elton said...

AMAZING, Ina!! Love the white elements you added to those incredible backgrounds!

baileyrosy.com said...

Two stunning cards Ena Alcohol inks are so much fun, especially with foil so thank you for the inspiration. The great thing is that every piece is unique as are both of your beautiful cards. The mix of colours with the gold is fabulous.

Marie

Bobby said...

I love the mix of colors on both of your cards, Ina and the layouts and accompanying die cuts made the panels shine. I love working with alcohol inks and really needed this challenge to inspire me to get them out again (although my card panel was done ages ago).

Lisa Kind said...

This was a fun challenge! I don’t break out the alcohol inks much, but when I do I can’t just create one panel. You have to do lots. I see you did the same. These cards are so pretty! Love the addition of the foil!