Pages

Saturday 7 May 2022

It's Special!

Time for Just Us Girls Challenge and
Vicki is Hosting our Word Week.
FLOWERS!
Our Gallery is going to be full of beautiful cards - 
shame we can't smell them.
We welcome our May Guest Designer
Deborah Wheeler!


This card is special because it is for 
my granddaughter who's turning 30
and the flowers featured here are Tim Holtz Wildflowers
I purchased from her Christmas gift certificate
(and you haven't seen the last of them yet) ...
Chosen colours are blue tones - her favourite.
When this goes live we will be
celebrating two birthday's and 
a baby shower. Then Mother's Day Sunday
with one daughter travelling from North Queensland
for all the celebrations.
***
Added a texture plate die to the background
adding my floral arrangement.
The 30 is an old CB die adhered to a
cross stitched nesting arch with
matching cotton tucked behind it and a
punched heart to finish.

Can't wait to see the Gallery full of flowers.
Our Guest Deborah and the Team have gone all out
  floral so hope you will too and
add to Our Gallery. You could be our
Chic of the Week!

UPDATES! Sending this over to
Color Hues for their
and



Thanks for visiting and commenting.



21 comments:

Carol said...

Ina, I fell in love with your colors immediately! Beautiful floral card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this card! Your color combo is awesome too!

Lisa Elton said...

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! She's going to love this pretty card. I like the way you've layered all of those wonderful blooms!

Deborah Wheeler said...

Beautiful card, Ina - I'm sure your granddaughter will love it! Thanks for the warm welcome to my guest spot x

Judy Woodland said...

I just love your design here, my friend. The white embossed background is the perfect backdrop for your gorgeous flowers, and I adore the way you colored them. GORGEOUS card!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your beautiful card and the flowers and colors are gorgeous!

Loll said...

LOVE your mix of beautiful wildflowers, Ina. The colours are gorgeous, especially the deep shade of blue on the largest flower --- wow! So pretty against the embossed background. You might want to add to Color Hues challenge (blue and tan). Your card would be perfect for that. xx

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely beautiful Ina!

Conniecrafter said...

It sounds like you have great celebrations to have, your flowers are just beautiful!

Helen said...

I love the colours you've used Ina!! Just stunning! I'm sure your granddaughter will love it!! Take care! :)

Mac Mable said...

Now this is one stunner of a card and so lovingly made for your granddaughter x. The colour combination is beautiful and love those wildflowers x. Enjoy the celebrations Ina x.

cm said...

Your granddaughter will absolutely LOVE this card, as do I! The colours of your wildflower are sooooo pretty!
hugs~carol

*Vicki* said...

Wow, so pretty Ina! Such delicate florals and I love the colors along with the awesome texture!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those wildflowers are gorgeous in the blues and tan! Love the textured background and the addition of the twine. So many fabulous celebrations coming your way!

Karen said...

I'm a huge fan of die cut flowers, and I've never seen these lovelies before! They are gorgeous and so is that background! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Bobby said...

I recently got that die set, Ina, and I love what you did with it. I'm sure your granddaughter did too. Since it has a number on it, may I suggest you also send it to The Flower Challenge.

Julie B said...

The texture behind the die cuts looks fab and really brings the design together. You sound to have had a busy weekend there Ina, hope it went smoothly and thanks for sharing at Color Hues. :)

Carol L said...

I just love how you paired those pretty flowers and stems all together for a wonderful birthday card for your DGD! It's gorgeous!

Bobby said...

So glad you joined us at The Flower Challenge with your wonderful card, Ina.

Lisa Kind said...

What a great way to celebrate her 30th! This is so pretty and I'm sure she loved it!

marlies said...

Great what you made! So glad you joined Mixed Media Lovers!
Marlies, DT