Pages

Saturday 11 February 2023

Leave a little 'Sparkle'

It's Saturday and that's Just Us Girls Challenge Day
I had a fun and messy afternoon after seeing a 
'new to me' technique on YouTube.
It's Hot Glue Embossing and thought it would be 
something different for our Word Week
hosted by Carol Mc choosing 'Sparkle'


and a closer look at the 'sparkle'


It does look just like a big mess that went wrong but - 
I made quite a few. Some turned out,
others hmm! Just had to pick which one I liked
and go from there.
This was soooooooooo hard to photograph
to show the 'sparkle' (I tried)
I think the sparkly embossing powder 
may have been a little too fine.
Background is smooched Magical's.
Dribbled hot glue and thought I would try and add foil
 which worked out nicely then I smothered it with
very fine sparkly embossing powder.
Added a small frame behind it with the same paper
as my metallic base only a lighter weight.
After much searching I finally found a sentiment
that fitted the challenge perfectly - 
Tim's Small Talk.


 Decided to show another since I had several
sitting on my desk.
This is a little different - not sparkly as such
It was heat embossed in copper and added
Stampendous embossing enamel which highlighted
the sheen from the Magical's background.
Distressed the edges, added a sentiment,
framed in metallic paper and finished with
the bright card base.

What a fabulous challenge. Hope to see
 lots of sparkle in all forms in the Gallery.
Thanks for visiting



14 comments:

Carol said...

Gorgeous sparkle on both cards Ina! works of art!!!!

ElizStewart said...

Ina... the sentiment is perfect for that FAB background!

Lisa Elton said...

I was wondering how you did that! Very cool, Ina!

Karen said...

Such an innovative technique, and the close-up shows the sparkly goodness! Photographing sparkle is definitely a challenge.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your artistic approach on both of these designs! Very cool technique with the hot glue with fabulous results. Love all of that sparkle!

Nancy said...

They don't look messy they look like art! I love card number two a lot! Well done! I bet the process was fun!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Interesting added texture!

*Vicki* said...

Wow, what a brilliant design Ina! Loads of sparkle and wonderful texture!! I love this work of art!

Bobby said...

That looks like a fun technique to try, Ina, and I'm glad you showed us something new. I love how the gold foil took to the hot glue. Both cards are very artsy and I love them.

aussie aNNie said...

Love these both Ina, brilliantly designed xx

Carol L said...

Two great artsy cards with that new technique! The blue and pink backgrounds add just enough color to showcase all the sparkle!

cm said...

I think you've aced your new technique, Ina! Beautiful cards and oh, the sparkle!
hugs~carol

Lisa Kind said...

Wow what a cool technique! I love how you added the glitter and foil to sparkle it up!

Lisa said...

I love hot glue embossing! Great colors you used on these gorgeous cards.