Pages

Saturday 10 January 2015

It's TREND WEEK at Just us Girls

Hosting the TREND WEEK CHALLENGE is SUE
and I loved what she chose 'STENCIL' as I have been
buying and playing around with them for a wee while now.
 
I had already made a few cards with different stencils
 and couldn't decide which one to use for our challenge...
so since my sister (a quilter) was visiting
 I asked her which one she liked.
 
This is the one she chose.
 
 
I like to arrange items off centre or on an angle
and thought this needed just that look.
 
I used the following items on my card -
White card stock
Stencil - Crafters Workshop Mini Texture
SU Petite Petals/Punch
SU Pocket Silhouettes/Just Because for Sentiments
Kaisercraft Leaf/Pearls
Karl Punch - tiny flowers
Memento ink - Sweet Plum/Elderberry
Variegated cotton.
***
So there you have my card for this weeks challenge
so be sure to go and check out Our JUGS site to see
what my talented Jugheads have to show off to you
and of course my very talented crafty friend Judy Woodland
who is our GUEST for January.
***
Hope you get the chance to play with this fabulous challenge
and you will be in the running for 'Chic of the Week'
and our Guest in March if you do.
 
I have also placed this at the  Design Team Showcase Blog
 
***
Thanks for popping in and hope to see you
 
 
 


11 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! I love the stenciling behind the flowers. Soft and graphic, great combo and awesome job on this challenge.

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your wonderful background design and colors. The pretty little purple flowers are precious. Beautifully done!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE it! Awesome colors, your sister has good taste!!!

Chris Dring said...

Ina, your card is so pretty! Love how you used your stencil in just a small area on the main panel! Beautiful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Yep LOVE the background subtle use - your sister chose well :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your sister has great taste. She picked a beautiful card. I love those colors too!

Unknown said...

Great card. I love purple! Also, I like what you did on the paper behind the flowers.

Thanks for entering Design Team Showcase.

Kim
{Craftisan Studios}
Design Team Showcase

Becca Cruger said...

Well this is one challenge I'm definitely going to have to make time for! I LOVE stencils!

Desire Fourie said...

Ina this is just stunning with the purple and white. Loving the pretty flowers.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

I love how used stencils and inks in the background but left white space for a gorgeous clean style card. Thanks for your very kind words at my blog :) It's appreciated. Take good care, Shirleyxx

Nancy said...

Your sister picked a beautiful card Ina! I can't only imagine the other ones are amazing as well!