Pages

Sunday 26 July 2015

Case ing Alice at Time Out

Over at Time Out Challenges the current challenge is to
CASE Alice.
 
Below is her card.
 
What inspired me about Alice's card?
It was the main feature on the side (isn't it cute) and the
big sentiment finished off with a few little embellishments
so I tried to incorporate that in my card.
I like having items off centre
 and this card really suited my style.
***
In a previous posting I used my Stampin' Up
Four Feathers stamps/dies and since I hadn't
put them away they just beckoned me
to be used again.
Started my card with a white base
and hot pink as backing.
I used a couple of my favourite colours
from Stampin' Up
Baja Breeze and Melon Mambo
Tim Holtz Iced Spruce
and Memento London Fog for my
background and feathers.
The background was stencilled with
Tim Holtz Speckles and
Clear Scraps Chevron
Sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping
Big Wishes 2
The crazed stamped image on the
right hand side is from Prima Marketing.
I liked the little coloured embellishments
Alice added so I attached a few gemstones
for a bit of shine and finished
with a button and cotton to my feathers.
***
Thanks for dropping in so till next time
Cherrio from
 
 
 


7 comments:

sandie said...

I love your take on Alice's card, I too like images etc off centre and the use of feathers here is such a good choice. Thanks for joining TO

Judy Woodland said...

Awesome card, as usual, my dear. You never cease to amaze me. Love the colors and of course the feathers. One of my favorites. And the embellies are just the perfect final touch. Well done!

Kathy Krug said...

Love how you used her placement, but made the case your own. Love feathers and they look great on your card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love those cards. Both are awesome.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Awesome card Ina! Love the die cut feathers and the bling...

Lynn said...

Love how you were inspired by the layout. Your color choices are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Shona Chambers said...

Such a pretty colour combo and love the way you were inspired to use the feathers in a bunch. Fabulous CASE of Alice's card and I'm so happy to see you at TIME OUT!!